[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Apple removes App Store from iTunes
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:09 pm 

If anyone wants to revert to the old way of having your Apps in iTunes, then you can download iTunes 12.6.3(v12.7 replaced 12.6.2) from here:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

However, it won't be updated and you won't be informed of new versions of 12.7.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 pm 

Thanks for that, Dave.

A note:
that new version - 12.6.3 - is only for those who updated iTunes to 12.7.
If you're still running 12.6.2, there is nothing there for you.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 pm 

I understand that you can update.
But what have you gained? What does 12.6.3 offer over 12.6.2?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 pm 

:D

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:26 pm 

I'm planning to stick with 12.6 at the moment for one reason. In the past I've updated an App on my iPhone and then decided that I much preferred the previous version. So, I've simply deleted it from the iPhone, then re-synced with iTunes to get the previous version back.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:51 pm 

YAY for iTunes 10.7 :)

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 pm 

There is an article on reverting back to iTunes 12.6.3 in the September 2017 edition of Macworld magazine (I get this and many other magazines free via my Council Library service). It is a four pager and even I could follow the steps. If anyone wants it, chirp up and I'll take screenshots and make a PDF. Or get your own library to provide you with e-mags ;)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:42 pm 

Waltr 2 was fine for me, last used a month or two ago, but just stopped working when I tried this evening. It can't see my iPhone wirelessly and requests I connect via USB. When I do, it wants me to 'trust' on the 8+ but does not actually generate the request. I suspect (but do not know) that recent OS updates have boggared it. That's about all that has changed. I have a support request in with the vendors.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:00 pm 

It took a while but it was fixed this evening. An issue of "trust" between the iPhone and the Mac which was sorted by firing up iTunes. I would not have thought of that as I was replacing iTunes with Waltr 2, so had no reason to fire iTunes up. The trust must have changed with an OS update.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 am 

iTunes 12.6.4 from the link below

Has the App Store and Syncs apps to phone with iOS 11.3. Now I can manage my 5 iOS devices without having to downloaded app updates on each one individually.

EDIT: Just saw Dave's post at the top of the page which links to the same page. Must admit I didn't read the whole thread, bad me.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:39 am 

Rather than start a new thread, this is App Store, so loosely associated ...

Source:

Extract: This antitrust story is years in the making: back in 2011, a group of plaintiffs filed a class action lawsuit against Apple, accusing the tech company of monopolizing the market for iOS apps by not allowing users to download them from any source outside the official App Store.

According to the plaintiffs, this not only reduces customer choice for iPhone and iPad users, but also leads to inflated pricing thanks, in part, to Apple taking a 30% cut of all app revenues.

While the case was initially dismissed by a district court in 2013 due to mistakes made in the original complaint, a US Court of Appeals gave the go-ahead for the proceedings to being in 2017.

I can see valid arguments and reasons on both sides.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 pm 

Well, having just had to get a new iPhone(my old one's at the bottom of a lake) with iOS 11.4, when I restored from iTunes, despite still being on 12.6, all my Apps had to be downloaded over the internet. Which was a bit of a pain. :x

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am 

On my iPad after iOS 11 I lost a lot of games from big fish and some of them were only a few weeks after downloading. After a email to big fish games they gave me some codes for quite a few that had desk top versions. Which I thought was a nice gesture, after all some of these games even on iPad are not cheap. On another note it’s nice to be back on this forum after a long break, lost both parents had house move and various health scares etc I’m back. Yes I’m a glutton for punishment.

iPhone 5 ( left home as well)
Apple TV
Mac book pro 13 inch 2016 2.9 ghz intel core i5 high sierra
iPad Pro
iPhone 7

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General