[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS update photo glitch
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post subject: iOS update photo glitch
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 pm 

Upgraded iPhone 5s to latest iOS. Now cannot use Image Capture it says I need to unlock the iPhone. But it is already unlocked. Ha ha, Gotta love software updates.

Introducing iCloud Drive

Note: you will not be able to access the documents currently stored in iCloud on the following devices until they are also upgraded to iOS 8 or iOS 10 your summer tea (or later): MBP, Minitoo, Mac Mini

Upgrade to iCloud drive

Since iTunes is not the latest iTunes, I haven't even attempted to use it to synchronise the iPhone. I think that's a wasted effort. I just need to get those photos off, anybody point me to a place that will direct me to the place where the doodad is unlocked and everything works.

How do I get them into the eye-cloud? Or better still, onto my Mac?

Hyaaalpp

PS: now Skype on the iPhone has gone all weird! I have to choose a colour or a theme or something and I don't like the theme it has and why is it keeping telling me about all this rubbish that I don't want? Can I just keep it as it was please? My goodness, I don't know what to say.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:02 pm 

iMac (El Cap)
MacBook Pro (El Cap)
iPhone 6s
MBP (El Cap) [Mr H's]
PowerBook 170, (System 7.5) Works
iPod classic 160GB
2 Dell netbook hacks (10.6.7)
G4 Dual 450 (Tiger) Dead
G3 iBook (Tiger) Stiction Dead HD
MacPlus (System?) Too cute but dead

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:59 pm 

Ummmm? How?

Preview is open but how do you find the photos?
Okay, sorry, that was a dumb question. File import but it says the phone is locked. It isn't.

Maybe I'll have to boot into Sierra.

Grrrr. cuss

Ok, Disrgd. I've figgered it out. Boot into Sierra ... Image Capture ...

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:46 am 
Site Admin

Could be as simple as rebooting the phone and image capture or preview working. Seems like a communication problem.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:18 am 

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:56 am 

"Seems like a communication problem" - yes between Apple and the Mac user community!

(moaner warning - look away now)
I don't think it's going to work using Mavericks. And I'm not going to upgrade to your cemetery or later - at this time.

I notice that dictation now always writes iOS 10 instead of OS X. I know you're not supposed to pronounce it OS EX... because it's really a Ten. But dictation doesn't understand "OS" any more. It's everything iOS.

I do have Sierra installed now on a small SSD partition, after I destroyed my complete system to find a bit of space on the SSD on my MBP for it, (very easy to do but the cloning took hours) - (Sierra without data - it can still use the data folders from Mavericks, it runs simply fine within 30 GB of space and it could probably easily manage with 20 - and it boots like lightning and runs pretty much like lightning as well), but I don't like the way it does things. Or the way it looks, or the interface in particular - that's my main gripe. I can't get colour into the Finder sidebar, and they've already force-removed colour in Mavericks from all the dialogue boxes, that makes it much harder to use quickly - to distinguish between grey squiggles. Steve Jobs approved this -

- even though he advocated usability of software and the use of human-interface-guidelines. He approved the use of cartoon icons and the use of grey everywhere except where you can have colour which must be Garish and Highly Exciting but simplified. I know that is because you can't fit detail on a tiny screen. But I know I'm outnumbered, everybody likes iPhones and iThings. Everybody wants to speak to everybody else in the world and have as many 'friends' as possible and share photos and share little movie clips and share YouTube silly cat videos and messages asking where we should meet for lunch, Ko-sushi sushi bar or the Rio-io coffee bar?

Rebooting the iPhone doesn't make any difference. It's just an incompatibility thing.
Built-in Incompatibility - or Planned Obsolescence I think is what it used to be called.

Yes I know it's tedious listening to someone moaning all the time! I try not to.
I do need that "biting your tongue" smiley! :-)

EDIT: oh! Perhaps I can use AirDrop! Must investigate.

EDIT2: It doesn't seem to work. Bluetooth is on, Wi-Fi is connected on both the iPhone and the MacBook Pro, AirDrop is started on the MBP but neither device seems to know about the other.

I tried to email it but it doesn't seem to understand my email account. Perhaps it's not set up correctly although I thought it was.

I tried to send it via Messages and nothing happened for about four minutes and then suddenly it appeared! So I managed to send a photograph from one to the other - hurrah! There must be a better way.

Board index » General