[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - No Wired Magic Mouse Option anymore? Seriously Apple!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 pm 

I have a forest of Apple Macs, MacBooks, iPads and iPhones so have lots of the wired Magic Mice set up. One has decided to die, despite having cleaned the roller ball etc repeatedly for some years with care and attention.

I'm now trying to find a new one, only to find Apple has decided to force everyone to go wireless with Bluetooth!!! Great, so in my lab where we use radioactive substances and other sorts of ionising field generating stuff, have you ever tried to use a Bluetooth anything Apple? No, I guess not :evil: So now I am stuck having to get some non-Apple branded mouse. I am not impressed. The Apple design was sleek and fitted my hardware, but all the third party ones are just clunky, cumbersome lumps of crud sadly :cry:

I've used the Magic Mouse Bluetooth before and it was awful - lousy battery life, buggy, laggy and utter crud!

WTH am I going to do now? Anyone know where I can still get the older models?

I also found out Apple are abandoning Time Capsule and Airport!!! Nooooooooo.... Time to work on re-animating Steve or making a decent clone I think. Since he has gone, Apple is loosing its design/innovation and ability to "Think Different". Very sad, to see it going back to the same old PC manufacturing clone that happened during the time of Gill whateverhisnamewas! :cry:

PlusNet Fibre Optic Broadband.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:24 pm 

Same with the keyboards as well.

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:26 pm 

The BT shop has them https://www.shop.bt.com/products/apple- ... gIGnPD_BwE

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:51 pm 

eBay is the best place. Loads for sale on there for not a lot of money.

It's the Mighty Mouse you need to search for. The Magic Mouse is the Bluetooth-only version

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 pm 

Magic Mouse doesn't have a roller ball. I have a wired Mighty Mouse where the scroll ball eventually died beyond resuscitation, but I keep it for when I really have forgotten to recharge my Magic's batteries.

You should be able to find a Mighty on eBay.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 pm 

I've been using wired Saitek notebook mice for a long time, I have several different ones in various colours. Mostly they're unavailable now but there are a still few places to get them and they work really well.

800 dpi optical mouse works on most surfaces, scroll wheel three button mouse. Works a treat - if you're used to a big mouse you might find it too small, but it works for me. I put a small tailored piece of Sellotape over the recessed optical opening to keep the dust out and to allow it work easily on fluffy surfaces.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:02 pm 

Brilliant guys, thank you. New Mighty Mouse from BT, problem sorted :-)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:22 pm 

CEX are selling them for £10.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:25 pm 

Super, we have one just down the road, I'll go and look. Cheers :-)

Board index » General