Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post subject: Re: Amazon-WTF
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:48 am 

Yes, several to-ing and fro-ing. They keep sending me reset passwords. (Four so far)

Quote:
Password assistance

To verify your identity, please use the following code: 337672

Amazon takes your account security very seriously. Amazon will never email you and ask you to disclose or verify your Amazon password, credit card or banking account number. If you receive a suspicious email with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link—instead, report the email to Amazon for investigation.

We hope to see you again soon.Thanks for visiting Amazon.com! Per your request, we have changed the e-mail address associated with your account

But it didn't work and I haven't followed it up. Then two days later I get the following:

Quote:
The e-mail address associated with your account has been changed. The old address was xxxxxxxxx@.com. The new address is JoannCollinsza @ yahoo.com.

Visit Your Account at Amazon.com to view your orders, make changes to any order that hasn't yet entered the shipping process, update your subscriptions, and much more.

Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we can give out order information only to the name and e-mail address associated with your account.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

This has been going along for a few weeks now and I've got sick and tired of it. I must ring them up again and try and sort it out.

I have also got problems with my Apple ID using the same email address. I have another Apple ID which is the one I actually use now - the first one, the one that is hacked is not really in use and has nothing vulnerable associated with it, but again that one is a continuing nightmare. I have ignored it for a few weeks.

I have to call APPLE again as well. It's getting to be a pain in the arse - they keep offering solutions but they don't work. I'm unable to log into my Amazon account at the moment. I'm fed up with changing my password for my second Apple account and having it changed again by somebody else. It's basically screwed.

I suppose two factor authentication would be the way to go but my second and original Apple account is of no use to me really. There are hurdles which I can't get over, and a telephone call to them is helpful but doesn't resolve anything in the end. I should demand that they just delete it all together.

......................Or in New York City

.............Tina Louise & Hazel & Mavis
Can you name, name, name, name them all today
Can you name, name, name, name them all today

Board index » General