Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:12 am 

Safari is my preferred browser. Under Preferences>Security, I have 'Block pop-ups' selected.

I've recently found that my host provider (fatcow.com) no longer allows me to access my websites for editing unless I deselect 'Block pop-ups'. It is all or nothing. Chrome for instance, permits selective blocking for different websites.

An online post suggests that selecting Command>Shift>K prior to opening a website deselects this feature. However, this is a nearly impossible key combination to select while also clicking (I've only got two hands!) and I've found (with difficulty) that this has no effect anyway.

So it appears that every time I need to enter this Fatcow website, I first need to remember to enter Preferences to deselect 'Block pop-ups'! Safari 11.0.3 (& earlier) is definitely not user-friendly in this area!

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Lorimer

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:22 pm 

Perhaps just use another browser without pop-ups blocked for that access. Then you won't have to fiddle with the preferences - you just need to remember to use that browser for "pop-up block" problem websites.

You could even make the Fatcow login page the homepage for that browser.

You could use an image of Fatcow to change that browser's icon to remind you.

Image...Image

If you use your right hand for selecting Command>Shift>K then it's not much of a problem if you use your left hand for click. I'm assuming you're using a trackpad but if it's a mouse then maybe not!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 pm 

You could try 1Blocker

Board index » General