Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:19 pm 

Hi Paw, no it's not a French thing. You can, if you wish keep your number when changing providers over here also. BUT I'm with EE pay as you go at the moment and am really pissed of trying to add top up and get in touch with them. The number is +44 (UK). So I am changing to a French provider +33 (French) number and will have a new number. The difference in costs is amazing AND I can top up anytime on line easy pessy. Why can't EE let me do that????? With them I have to top up on the phone . . . . it's bollocks. Wake up UK you may be getting out of the EU but boy you have a lot to learn from them. Everything is so much easier to do here.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:01 pm 

Jeffus, I did wonder about UK/French provider was didn't expect you to still be using a uk service. How long have you been based in France now?
Didn't realise EE uk didn't do online top-ups. Not used to payg.

iMac 27" (2010) i7 2.93 GHz quad core OSX 10.13
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS X 10.13.6
iPhone 5S iOS11
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:28 pm 

Paw, I use my phone very rarely. Sometimes I go a week without turning it on and only then to do updates. So not a big iPhone user. Been here ten years. Bought the 5s (great phone) in 2013. Now the amount of EE pay as I go is approaching zilch. So have decided to go with my French provider's pay as you go. They provide me with my wifi (broadband), phone line and TV, which is French but they mange it for me. TV is Freesat. Big plus top up on line. They also give me free phone lines to all of France and Uk. So if anyone calls from Uk I just tell them I'll call them back straight back, It's free. If I have a problem with ANYTHING I have ONE number to call to an english speaking person and they sort it out. Be it the French phone line to wifi. So I now have their simms card at the ready to replace EE. La vie en France.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:37 pm 

Jeffus, :tu:

Edit; If you want to watch British TV instead of French put a GB postcode into the setup on your freesat decoder.

iMac 27" (2010) i7 2.93 GHz quad core OSX 10.13
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS X 10.13.6
iPhone 5S iOS11
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:35 pm 

Paw, already have a Southampton post code in freesat. Been watching Uk tv for the last ten years. I wish on the recent offering I wasn't. We watch French 24 for unbiased non BBC crap. I also have Apple 4 tv with Netflix. Happy bunny.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:12 pm 

Jeffus wrote:
Hmmmm, I set up 2FA in Sierra (or maybe even before). I checked yesterday to see if I still had it enabled in Mojave, I have. I have had no problems with it at all, in fact until I read this thread I had forgotten all about it. That said as loughor has pointed out you only need a new code if you change divices . . . I haven't. Being an old skin flint I haven't changed my MBP, iPad or 5s since 2012. All running well apart from my iPad is unable to run anything up to only 9.3.5. I can get into anything without 2FA nagging me. I am just about to change my phone number (new provider). I guess that's when 2FA will kick in?

Unfortunately, I'm prompted every damn time by Safari iCloud despite "trusting" it. I don't have to use it at all on my iPad.

Core i5 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.5 GHz 12GB RAM OS X 10.9.5

Board index » General