Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm
Posts: 889
Location: West Sussex ~ England
davesoa wrote:
I don’t believe we should use this lovely forum for political/religious etc debate. There are many other arenas where you can express your opinions on this contentious matter. No one will be persuaded or influenced either way by any strongly held views that are expressed.

I ask the Mods to lock or delete the post before someone gets offended.

_________________
Flickr

instagram

Your warning level: [ 1 ]


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Jeffus wrote:
Ah, your true colours, this is supposed to be a forum about all Mac/computer related posts.Who metioned serious? I refuse to make it into a political thread. I posted a GOOD ARTICLE in the wonderful DAILY MAIL about something I thought our people might find interesting. We live in the 21st century now, and things change and you have to change with them (you obviously don't). Currently the DAILY MAIL is number two in circulation numbers the Sun?????? being number one. A lot of people agree with what is printed or they would't read it. The Mail actually did an anti Mosley story about mid 2018 but you woun't have seen it. I'm a proud conservative, not impressed with the silly sods that are supposed to be your MPs. But soooooo much better than the Momentum Mob. Thank god I live in France. Please stick to the thread. MB. It would be good if we knew your reading RAG. Last post, get a life son.

I do apologise. Someone said (above) "Oh do grow up people" in response to my joking remark about the Daily Mail, and I have mistakenly thought that was you.

_________________
"If it ain't broke, we can fix it" (© Tim Cook, Jonny Ive)

Core i5 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.5 GHz 12GB RAM OS X 10.9.5


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 1910
jezza wrote:
davesoa wrote:
I don’t believe we should use this lovely forum for political/religious etc debate. There are many other arenas where you can express your opinions on this contentious matter. No one will be persuaded or influenced either way by any strongly held views that are expressed.

I ask the Mods to lock or delete the post before someone gets offended.

I'd be happy with that.

_________________
"If it ain't broke, we can fix it" (© Tim Cook, Jonny Ive)

Core i5 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.5 GHz 12GB RAM OS X 10.9.5


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 643
Location: Loire Valley, France
MacBiter wrote:
jezza wrote:
davesoa wrote:
I don’t believe we should use this lovely forum for political/religious etc debate. There are many other arenas where you can express your opinions on this contentious matter. No one will be persuaded or influenced either way by any strongly held views that are expressed.

I ask the Mods to lock or delete the post before someone gets offended.

I'd be happy with that.

I too am happy with that. Thanks jezza/davesoa, couldn't agree with you more.

_________________
Power to all Mac users all over the world.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm
Posts: 889
Location: West Sussex ~ England
... It was my JOKE

I was marveling at a innocuous thread about the current build of Macs spiraling out of orbit into an argument about newspapers.

Whereas, my HIGHLY CHARGED Political thread, from where I stole the quote, is a yardstick of civility.


Life's crazy eh?

;)

_________________
Flickr

instagram

Your warning level: [ 1 ]


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 643
Location: Loire Valley, France
Yes, I know jezza I found and read your "highly charged political thread" on the Couch I think, and saw the quote you stole. Whatever it seems to have calmed the waters. I can never understand why people attack your reading matter when all you are trying to do is inform people about an article in a newspaper that might be of interest to them. Especially about Apple. Crazy indeed. Cheers again.

_________________
Power to all Mac users all over the world.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm
Posts: 889
Location: West Sussex ~ England
Wise word Jeffus.. I did look at the DM article but got distracted by a load of show biz gossip about beautiful millionaires and their woes.

:)

_________________
Flickr

instagram

Your warning level: [ 1 ]


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 1910
jezza wrote:
Wise word Jeffus.. I did look at the DM article but got distracted by a load of show biz gossip about beautiful millionaires and their woes.

:lol:

_________________
"If it ain't broke, we can fix it" (© Tim Cook, Jonny Ive)

Core i5 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.5 GHz 12GB RAM OS X 10.9.5


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 1374
Location: Glasgow
Can I just add that all news papers over the years have printed stuff to further their own agenda. I have stopped buying papers in Scotland due to the amount of BS they print about Glasgow Rangers. If I don't like what they say or think/know they are telling lies, I just don't buy them. I do have a few news apps.

I think we could all go on a rant about stuff we feel strongly about (not saying anyone was ranting), but unless the thread is open for ranting (like the EU thread) then we should leave it be and comment about the article.

Rant over :D

_________________
Gary.

______________
█████████
-- RANGERS FC --


"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 1910
crapday wrote:
Can I just add that all news papers over the years have printed stuff to further their own agenda. I have stopped buying papers in Scotland due to the amount of BS they print about Glasgow Rangers.

steve gerrard gerrard
he can pass forty yards
hes big and hes f**ing hard
steve gerrard gerrard :)

_________________
"If it ain't broke, we can fix it" (© Tim Cook, Jonny Ive)

Core i5 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.5 GHz 12GB RAM OS X 10.9.5


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 643
Location: Loire Valley, France
crapday wrote:
Can I just add that all news papers over the years have printed stuff to further their own agenda. I have stopped buying papers in Scotland due to the amount of BS they print about Glasgow Rangers. If I don't like what they say or think/know they are telling lies, I just don't buy them. I do have a few news apps.

I think we could all go on a rant about stuff we feel strongly about (not saying anyone was ranting), but unless the thread is open for ranting (like the EU thread) then we should leave it be and comment about the article.

Rant over :D

Hi CD, I've been following your comments on "The Couch" on the poll Uk v NI and you and you talk a lot of sense. Again here on newspapers you don't disappoint. I'm not at all interested in football (cricket is my game) but you understand . . . . and as you say the comments should have been about the Apple article NOT where it came from. Nice one CD. Very wise.

_________________
Power to all Mac users all over the world.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 1374
Location: Glasgow
Jeffus wrote:
Nice one CD. Very wise.


Here I was thinking I was still young dumb and full off....carry on :D I must be getting old :shock: what am I going to be like in 6 month when I hit 50 :off:

_________________
Gary.

______________
█████████
-- RANGERS FC --


"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:35 pm
Posts: 889
Location: West Sussex ~ England
Jeffus wrote:
... I've been following your comments on "The Couch" on the poll Uk v NI ....


Quick correction, it is:

UK ~ GB and NI and the EU (part 2)

I thank you.

:tu:

_________________
Flickr

instagram

Your warning level: [ 1 ]


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 643
Location: Loire Valley, France
Sorry jezza whatever it is (not understand) I've been following it??????? This is part 3 lol I haven't voted on your poll simply because I couldn't vote in the 2016 referendum so what's the point. I have lived more than 15 years out of the U.K so couldn't vote. We left in 1984. Then the UK was a great place to live and work. Look at it now . . . two defeates in 24 hours in something as crucial as Brexit, knife stabbings, crime out of control, chaotic traffic and a depleted NHS. We Brits in Europe (with no say) have to deal with the fall out. The good thing for us (in France is the French government NOT the UK government) have already put measures in place to protect Brit in France. Thanks for the correction jezza. Sorry :off:

_________________
Power to all Mac users all over the world.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:25 pm
Posts: 1910
Jeffus wrote:
Sorry jezza whatever it is (not understand) I've been following it??????? This is part 3 lol I haven't voted on your poll simply because I couldn't vote in the 2016 referendum so what's the point. I have lived more than 15 years out of the U.K so couldn't vote. We left in 1984. Then the UK was a great place to live and work. Look at it now . . . two defeates in 24 hours in something as crucial as Brexit, knife stabbings, crime out of control, chaotic traffic and a depleted NHS. We Brits in Europe (with no say) have to deal with the fall out. The good thing for us (in France is the French government NOT the UK government) have already put measures in place to protect Brit in France. Thanks for the correction jezza. Sorry :off:

At least there's one crumb of comfort.

_________________
"If it ain't broke, we can fix it" (© Tim Cook, Jonny Ive)

Core i5 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.5 GHz 12GB RAM OS X 10.9.5


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 

HTML tutorial

cron