[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Photo albums only partially Syncing...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Technical Help

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:36 am 

Hi all,

Got a strange one. I manually manage Photos on my device via Finder-everything else is backed up to the Cloud.

I've encountered an issue with either Photos on my Mac or a Sync issue with my phone. iPhone is a 15PM (iOS up-to-date), Mac mini running Sonoma 14.2.1.

When connected to my Mac, I select my iPhone, navigate to the Photos tab, and check Selected Albums, then navigate to the albums I want Synced. I initially Synced certain events, but I ran into a problem: so I then created albums from those events and tried to Sync those. The problem on both is that 1), the key photos aren't correct as specified in the Photos app, but 2), the albums fail to Sync in their entirety. I have events/albums that (one holiday album for example) contains 40 photos, but when the Sync is 'complete', this album only Syncs 7 images. And this is the same for most. I have 9 albums in total, 4 of them Sync in full, the other 5 don't. This is an issue I've not had before. The photo format is fine (that particular album contains images all shot and edited on my iPhone).

The other issue I have is that it also Syncs 'People' from my Mac. I don't want to Sync people, so none are selected in the Photos tab in Finder-yet when the Sync completes, in the 'From my Mac' section where the albums are displayed on my iPhone, there is a folder with all the people from my Mac. I hate it, I don't want the People folder on there.

I have removed the photos from my phone and Synced, I have deselected Photos as the source for my imported albums in Finder prior to a Sync (it always successfully removes the albums), I have done this and restarted all devices, I even left my Mac overnight repairing/restoring my Photos library *just incase* there was an issue with it, but to no avail. I've also deleted backups just incase there was an issue there, but nothing. I have re-read and gone through the Apple support steps, but nothing has worked.

Any help appreciated, I use the images from folders on my phone quite a lot so manually managing them locally is preferred, and has always worked.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:25 pm 

How much storage have you got left on your iPhone? I had the same problem on a previous iPhone when near to max storage.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:42 pm 

Hi David.

Thanks for the response. No, the phone is around 50% full: I try to run it pretty lean-doesn’t take long before you have a ridiculous amount of photos that you need to sort through, hence the organisation and syncing through Finder. It’s a perplexing one! I’ve posted on MacRumors and the Apple Support Forums, not garnered a response from either of those either.

Looks like there may not be a solution, or it’s not a very common issue.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

Could the images be coming from the iCloud backup?

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Board index » Technical Help