Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Technical Help

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:24 pm 

Now that we Mac owners can get the latest and greatest games on Steam, I was thinking of buying the upcoming release of 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider’ game.

One day, viewing the game on YouTube, I noticed that one of the uploaded videos showed that the PC version of SOTTR has a Stereoscopic 3D option in the Displays menu. I was even able to view a section of the game in 3D on my 55” 3D TV made by LG via YouTube.

So I enquired of Feral Interactive, the publishers of SOTTR on the Mac, as to whether the forthcoming MacOS version of this game would also have this feature.

I have my iMac hooked up to an LG Cinema 3D D2343 computer monitor that can display Stereoscopic 3D (Passive). I use this monitor whenever I want to edit 3D photos taken on my FujiFilm Finepix W3 Real 3D camera. The App. I use for this is the MacOS version of StereoMerger.

Feral Interactive told me "Please note that stereoscopic 3D is not supported in our Mac version of the game due to lack of support in the OS for this in our games.” (My underlining).

For me this is disappointing of couse. But are they correct?

As a long time user of Macs I’m have been aware of a certain coolness towards our platform on the part of the computer games industry over the years, so I’m wondering if the above response might be another symptom of that?

I suppose it is unlikely as Feral are, after all, publishing the game on MacOS, but I can’t help wondering nevertheless.

Board index » Technical Help