Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Technical Help

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:48 pm 

Here's a letter I'm composing to Google. Wondered what your thoughts were, guys - and I'd appreciate any help!

Dear Google

Why I’m outa here!

I needed a new email address since I had decided to leave .mac. I chose Gmail because I have a very active blog using Blogger, and I thought, since they are both Google products they would be compatible.

How wrong I was!

I cannot use my Gmail address with my blog – why ever not?

I now had a problem – my email was being switched over to Gmail (quite successfully, I think – but I can’t access my blog!

So I revived an old AOL email address to use with the blog as a temporary measure.

Then I encountered more problems. Every time I try to access the blog, I’ve been unable to do so until I’ve cleared my cookies and emptied the cache. But if I then sign into Gmail – after signing into my Google account – I have to clear the cookies and empty the cache to get back into my blog. And that’s after signing out of Gmail and signing in with my aol address.

It is a complete and utter mess!

(Another irritant is that whenever I’m re-directed to your help pages – which is a frequent occurrence! – I get this message:

"This Help Centre is not currently available in your language. However, you can select another language from the "Change Language" drop-down menu at the bottom of the page or download Google Toolbar, which can instantly translate websites in 42 languages."

So, every time, I have to go to the bottom of the page and bring up English as my main language!)

I’ve just tried to access my Gmail. I get this message:

"You're currently signed in to your .......@aol.com Google Account. If you complete this form, you'll be adding Gmail to this account, and your Gmail address will become your primary account username. If you would prefer, you can create a separate Google Account for Gmail. You'll be logged out of ......@aol.com and then be able to create your new account.

When I do this, I’m told that .....@gmail.com is not available (Of course it’s not – I’ve got it!)

@*£*£*+&$&%^

The only answer it seems to me, is to open up yet another email address – Hotmail, say, and see what happens then.

But before I do that, I’ll have one more go. I used the form to open up another gmail address. I had to verify this with a code received as a text message, which I did. I then tried to sign on with this address only to be told my password was incorrect!

Now I’ve got the message "No account found with that email address. Please try again."

And now my keyboard is barely usable since I banged it hard, several times, with my forehead! (I’ll just wipe the blood off…)

Just had one more try. I've now signed into the aol account so that I can access my blog, but only after clearing my cookies. This time I didn't have to empty the cache!

So that's the sorry saga, folks!

Anw words of comfort much appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

Board index » Technical Help