[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Importing To Pages On iPad?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 am 

I have a document written in AppleWorks on my iMac which my wife needs.

I have emailed it to her as an attachment but we cannot find for the life of us a way to import the document into Pages on her iPad so that she can amend/use it.

Is there a way?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 am 
Site Admin

When you click on the attachment, you should get the option to "open with" and select the app you would like to use.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:48 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:58 pm 

Have you got Pages on your Mac? If so, try opening the AppleWorks document in there, then do a "Save as" to create a new Pages document from it. Transfer the converted file, then you might be able to open that on your iPad.

Pages on the iPad isn't quite as feature-rich as the desktop version, think of it as more of a simplified edition of it! Maybe the iPad version doesn't have the ability to open the older formats that the desktop version can. To get the best out of Pages of an iPad, you really need the Mac version to work with it.

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:54 pm 

MacOS10 has said just what I would have. If you don't have Pages on your Mac but do have AppleWorks, try saving as Word. You also could send the file to me & I'll convert it & send it back. Send me a PM & I'll send you my e-mail.

I've long-since converted all of my AppleWorks files, except some databases, to iWork. Even most of my databases are now in Numbers.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:50 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:42 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:45 am 

OpenOffice no longer has much in the way of active development behind it since Sun was bought by Oracle and they decided it was a waste of time. Also, Pages is a lot nicer to use, Numbers is much quicker to create a spreadsheet with, but admittedly OpenOffice has more capabilities. I use both, and by the way Pages is next to nothing (£11.99) if bought through the app store!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:37 am 

Does this mean that "her indoors" will have to retype my document into Pages in her iPad rather than being able to import it?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:37 pm 

Why would she have to do that?

Can AppleWorks export to Word doc? Pages can open Word docs.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:36 am 

OK, but you're not listening to what we're advising....
YOU NEED TO BUY PAGES ON YOUR MAC IN ORDER TO CONVERT THE OLD FILES TO PAGES FORMAT.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:48 am 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS