[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Just got my new iPad 2
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: Just got my new iPad 2
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:28 pm 

It's lovely. It arrived 4 days earlier than the Apple Store said it would, but the case, ordered at the same time and sent by post should have arrived today and did not. But I don't need a case to appreciate it. It's lovely for web browsing: none of those cut-down "mobile" sites, and for reading books. It will be great fun in bed...

iPodTouch 4th gen. 16GB iOP 6.0.1
iPad 2 32GB iOS 6.0.1

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:55 am 

Sweet! Lucky man, hope you enjoy it.

And now the iPad 2 has got cameras it would be fun in bed... ;) :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 am 

Great piece of kit isn't it Peejay? Glad you are enjoying it. I've found subtle differences between iPad 2 to the first version, but it's been well worth upgrading nonetheless. I use the iPad more than I do my MBP nowadays.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 pm 

Very lucky man. I ordered mine on 2nd April and it won't be here until 12th May. :(

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 pm 

My iPad 1st Gen is still working fine thanks!

I haven't got iPad 2 envy. Yet.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm 

Just got an email saying my iPad 2 is on its way! :D

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:59 pm 

Thumbs up for ya buddy

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 am 

Now a bit of user experience. Last night, I shut down my iMac and went to bed, taking the iPad with me. I sat down prior to undressing, thinking that I would do a quick E-mail check. I opened my iPad and it began to RING. It was my daughter in Australia Skyping me. I clicked on the video icon. and there was my daughter, holding my 10-week-old granddaughter, who was yelling her head off. Before I got the iPad, that call would have diverted to the phone. More delighted than ever. Took it to my old place of work last week. Everyone was gawping over a computer that doesn't look like one.

iPad 2 32GB iOS 6.0.1

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:41 pm 

You're lucky. My OH has put a stop on me getting one. Says it isn't 'necessary' :evil: :shock: Told me I have to sell one of my other 'Toys' if I want one...

She's obviously barking mad. I've sent for the men in white coats ;) :lol:

Just kidding love if you're reading this... :oops:

Post Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:07 pm 

Another bit of user experience: it holds its charge beautifully. Much better than my iPodtouch 2nd gen whose battery is now beginning to show its age. And I can play music without using earphone or an external speaker dock. And one or two apps are fabulous. QuickOffice for iPad is streets ahead of Pages.

iPad 2 32GB iOS 6.0.1

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 am 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 pm 

Longest period I had on one charge with my iPad 1 was 37 days... but with the video on the iPad 2 I haven't got near that yet for the new one.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm 

37 days! Did you actually use it?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm 

Yep, nearly every day. I had all the energy intensive features switched off, so no push notifications, no Location Services etc, and used it sparingly, just using it to check on Market quotes, the weather and currencies mainly. I didn't connect it to the computer for even longer than that though. As I said, with the video cam on the iPad 2 using that burns battery juice fast.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:46 pm 

When I went to Kenya last year I fully charged, turned off everything like wifi etc and put it in standby mode. Came home 30 days later and it was only on 22%.

To a point though, didn't all those energy saving techniques spoil the actual using of it?

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS