[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mail for iPad won't open without crashing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 pm 

iPad 2 Mail app crashes immediately on loading. Any ideas? I'm connected to a BT Home Hub router in the UK at the moment and need some help...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:54 pm 

First thing would be to try a restore from backup or trash the mail account settings and re-create?

@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 pm 

Thanks for your fast reply!

I'm travelling light so only have my iPad and no Mac for backups. Can I redo the email account settings without needing my Mac? Also, will this lose the emails already saved on the iPad?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:43 pm 

Ah yes, if you're away from home then re-doing the mail account set-up is the only real option so long as you know your mail settings?

Also, do you use IMAP or POP for mail? If you use POP and you only read email on the iPad then you will lose the emails you have downloaded todate.

@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

Can you log into you email via webmail?
I've had a rouge email crash iOS mail in the past, moved it with webmail and all was fine.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:41 pm 

My first thoughts are:

1. Have you completely quit the app via the mulit-tasking bar?
2. Have you rebooted the iPad?

Those two are probably the simplest and least destructive options to try but I'm guessing you have already tried these.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 am 

Completely quitting and rebooting made no difference.

In the end I fixed it by going into Photos, Email Photo and a new email popped up with the pic in. I then cancelled that process, went back to Home screen and clicked on Mail which now worked fine. Looks like a small bug in Mail.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS