Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 am 

Location: Flensburg, Northern Germany (within spitting distance of Denmark)
Anyone else had this problem? It's driving me nuts. The problem occurs randomly. The phone is OK for say three days, then it seems to lock up for a couple of days. Pressing the home button many times can sometimes bring it back to life, other times I have to power it off and back on again, and that doesn't always solve the problem. I've only had the phone about 4 weeks, so it's brand spanking new and been cared for lovingly.

I've read several accounts of people having this issue with solutions ranging from blowing air in to the bottom connection port because dust can cause the button to stop functioning, to removing the two tiny screws at the bottom of the phone, removing the glass and checking the two gold connector pins are not bent - something I'm not keen on doing. I don't know if it's a software or hardware issue. I've done a hard re-boot and a restore to original settings via iTunes.

I guess the final option is to travel to my nearest Apple Retail Store in Hamburg, but that's over a 350km round trip, something I'm not too keen on doing :(

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:13 pm 

As its only 4 weeks old you still have telephone support so ring AppleCare and see what they say first before travelling to the Apple Store.

Alternatively make a Genius appointment at the Apple Store and buy something else when you are there just to make the trip worthwhile! :D

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS