[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Orange PAYG to iPhone 4 - Help
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:46 pm 

First question on the new Forum :)

I purchased an SIM free iPhone 4 today and got an Orange SIM (£25 one month rolling contract).

The shop said to ring 450 from my PAYG and they will move the number to my new SIM. 450 peeps said I had to ring 150 :x

Rings 150, entered option 1 which then asks for my mobile number. On entering my number, the line drops. (Does the same from a landline).

Anyone gone down this route offer any help :?:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:55 pm 

Resolved (Sort of) :roll:

I was given duff information by the first person I called and I was correct in contacting 450.

After several attempts, I managed to talk to someone who could do the transfer, but its gone wrong. My number is now dead and my iPhone is using a the original SIM phone number.

Worst of all, the misses has got a text message saying a magic number (mine) is no longer available :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:05 pm 

May work after a bit of a wait? When O2 ported my number to the new micro SIM my number went dead for a fairly long while before it finally worked on the new SIM.

iMac 21.5" 3.20GHz Intel Core i3 12GB 10.13.6
iBook G4, 1.33GHz 10.5.8
iPhone Xs Max
iPadMini2

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 am 

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:40 am 

Thanks guys. It has worked over night.

My confidence in what they did was knocked because of miss information and the fact I had to ring them 4 times to get the ball rolling. Of course each time you ring Orange, they charge you 25p.

Thankfully, it is very rare I ring Orange up for anything.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:51 am 

I used to work at Orange and I can tell you that the provisioning queue (the queue of SIMs to be activated) is massive and usually about 3 days long.

2011 Mac mini, Mac OS X Lion ... The "new iPad" (iPad 3) ... 4th Gen iPod Touch ... iPhone 4S ... Ubuntu 11.10 ... Windows 7

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS