Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:46 pm 

Recently some, but not all, of the music tracks on my iPhone started 'skipping' through 3 or 4 tracks to another track which then started to play. The track which I had originally selected was then no longer present, i.e. the track name & artist was visible but greyed out & the track itself no longer available to play, thus an empty filename. My local Genius Bar could not explain this problem & had not encountered it before. But they advised me to download my whole music library again from iTunes on my Mac Air, thus replacing the original music tracks on my iPhone. I did this. A message flashed up on my iPhone that of the 2600 music tracks on iTunes, 172 tracks could not be synched to my iPhone. These are the music tracks that previously self deleted, still present in greyed out title & artist form but without content. These 172 tracks still play fine on iTunes.
I ticked one of the missing tracks on iTunes and tried to synch it to my iPhone but it did not make a connection. However, other tracks on the iPhone do not seem to be skipping & self-deleting any more so. at the moment at least, that problem is solved.
So:
Issue 1: What caused the skipping/self-deleting problem? Will it come back. Have others encountered this?
Issue 2: How can I find out through iTunes which are the 172 deleted tracks which I need to replace? (The message on my iPhone screen never came back incidentally). I don't want to have to scroll down down the titles on my iPhone writing down the 172 missing tracks!
Issue 3: How can I synch individual tracks to my iPhone from iTunes? At the moment, it seems you can synch tracks only in groups i.e. by album, artist etc. etc. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS