[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:18 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:04 pm 

Each to their own with regards TV. We all have different tastes. I can't stand the dance/sing/cook/bake/reality/"look at me I'm on TV - love me" dregs that terrestrial TV pumps out. Other people love it. I like The Grand Tour but I know members here dislike Clarkson (there's a thread somewhere). If you don't use the next day delivery and some TV then it isn't for you.

I thought Amazon did 3-5 day free delivery but I cba to check.

I also have Netflix via one of my kids. That isn't oozing with content for me but I find a series now and again.

We need a TV thread in Couch as this is not the place and we are well off topic now. My fault. I'll try not to continue this deviation :oops:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:36 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:19 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:37 pm 

Bought a new Watch today. Series 5 44mm Space Grey aluminium with a black Milanese loop strap.

It replaces my four and a half year old Series 0 stainless steel Watch.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:13 am 

^ I like the idea of an 'always on' screen. Having a 4, I'll hang on for a 6 or 7, depending on shiny features. Surely they can't add much more? (They can and don't call me Shirley!)

In the end, I did get a night stand for under £6. Grey aluminium, not plastic. It does what it promises and I feel it was a good choice.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:58 am 

I see that Apple are being "green" by not including a charger with the Watch 6. Assuming you don't have an old one, you'll need to fork out another £48 for the USB lead and a 12W power adapter. I suppose it makes the Watch itself look cheaper to buy.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:15 pm 

There is a charging cable including with every new Watch. It’s just the charger which isn’t included.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 am 

Ah OK. When you say charger, is that the plug now removed or the magnetic disc thing? I think of "charger" as being both items. If it is just the plug then that makes a bit more sense.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 am 

The charger is the .

The is the cable with USB on one end and the round magnetic disk on the other.

The plug is no longer in the box.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:14 am 

Thanks. Sometimes I need things explained simply. I did look on Apple's site yesterday but didn't see the box contents listed. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 am 

I bought a new watch today! The Series 6 looks really impressive (the Apple Presentation on Tuesday covers it very well, needless to say).

It's the 40mm aluminium GPS with a white solo strap (which I'll swap for my steel bracelet). I understand delivery will be 5 – 8 Oct. They're kindly giving me £135 for my Series 4, so the total price will be £244 which is a deal for such a comprehensive watch. A check on eBay suggested that £135 is a reasonable price, and Apple's deal will be minimum hassle.

A word of warning. As a result of Cookies. I found myself potentially buying THREE watches after having browsed the website several times, although only ONE watch was selected. I suddenly realised that it was necessary to clear Apple Cookies (Preferences>Privacy>Manage Website Data), to enable me to buy just one watch (I've accidentally learnt that you're allowed to buy a maximum of three!).

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:24 am 

Nice. I'm sticking with my 4 44mm for now as I just bought something big. You'd probably have got a little more from Music Magpie but I'd not think a lot.

Those solo straps look funny to me as you need to get the size for you. If I get to an Apple Store any time in the next year, virus permitting, I'll have a look.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:48 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:52 pm 

:tu: I went through the specs and similar pages.

Maybe a Watch 7 next for me but that's a year away, so I won't speculate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS