[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 am 

And I just did it again when using my AirPods Pro.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 am 

You don't need Hey Siri, just lift the Watch to mouth. But neither of those stop commands work with the Watch. Saying "Stop" gets the reply "Done" but it keeps pinging.

It does stop an iPhone Timer but not the Watch. If you are stopping a Watch Timer then I say "you lucky beggar".

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 am 

Well it appears that things weren’t as I thought. It seems the timer was being set on my iPhone and not Watch so I can’t use Siri with the Watch. Sorry folks.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:41 am 

Phew. Mystery solved :tu:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:19 pm 

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had bought some cases to protect the Watch. The other day I was grateful for one when it saved the screen from possible damage. The whack cracked the case but the Watch still looks shiny and new. It did its job. Replacements arrived today.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:37 pm 

I'm very much tempted to change my iPhone XR to the 13 Pro. The camera is the main attraction. Has anyone else made this change and has it provided much delight, or just 'so-so'?

Thanks,

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:49 pm 

I was looking at the Watch 8 out of curiosity. If I changed, I'd want a standard model, aluminium, space grey and black sport strap. No, I cant have that. Lucky I am not buying at this time. The few colours available on that model are not acceptable to me <shrug>.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:41 am 

I had a strange thing with my Watch tis morning. I usually use 20-25% of the battery in a day so it is good for two days-ish. I do put it on charge overnight in nightstand mode. Never fails to charge. I make sure it pings to indicate charging. Even when it mysteriously falls off (poltergeist or loud snoring?), it is still good the next day.

This morning I had like this (sneaked someone else's image):

The Watch was totally unresponsive. It wouldn't respond to touch or any button press. My iPhone Watch app couldn't connect. I did try and power it off/on but like I said, nothing doing. I tried putting it on/off the charger several times. Eventually it pinged and started to charge with the usual green colours in red. After maybe twenty minutes, it was 95% charged (that was quick) and now it is back on my wrist as if nothing had happened. I'm not the only person to get this (that's how I pinched the pic.). Weird.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:46 pm 

That means that the battery was completed discharged and you need to fully charge it. The Watch takes a while to start charging when it’s placed on the charger.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:26 pm 

I guessed that, which is why I said it easily goes two days and was charging overnight. I believe the latter statement as I do check by tapping in nightstand mode when I wake periodically. Amazing it went from alleged flat to 95% in 20 minutes. Right now it has only dropped to 71% some 14 hours since. Who knows? Not me, that's who.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:21 am 

Only Apple knows and sometimes I don’t think they do either.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:56 am 

Quite. At least they know what new kit will be revealed this fine UK evening.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:37 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:20 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:52 pm 

As I typed it I did wonder when the pedants like me would turn up :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS