[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:46 pm 

I read today that it is speculated that WatchOS 5 won't be available for the Series 1, which allegedly can only just handle WatchOS 4. I have no idea if this is BS but there it is.

It is on this page, nearly halfway down ->

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:04 pm 

Wouldn't surprise me.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 pm 

Today was the first time my S02 Watch didn't manage two full days with double figure battery % still remaining. It just complained at 4% so is now on charge. A blip, I hope.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 am 

I had the Weather App complication on the Watch to have the outside temperature shown. Recently it has decided that it is much warmer than I can see it is. When I tap it, it says that I am in a detected location that has Arabic script, so I have no idea where it thinks I am. The iPhone knows where I am. I thought that informed the Watch. I've not found a solution by searching so I've taken it off. I do have Dark Sky but that annoys me by displaying itself as 72º. Now that is hot when you think a sensible temperature scale. I have turned them off and on. I'm just complaining, not seeking a fix or I'd start a thread in Tech Help.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:47 am 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:25 am 

Perhaps they just got the decimal point in the wrong place! 7.2˚C seems about right.

And easy mistake to make ... So . Just a dot missing.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:01 pm 

No - the complication icon is 72º. When I enter the Watch app, My Faces, edit it, Complication and scroll top left to Dark Sky, it appears as 72º. Sometimes I get the logo drip but mostly 72º. Why, does your Dark Sky work differently?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm 

Is the setting in the iPhone app set to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 pm 

No. UK (Celsius, Miles, mph).

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 pm 

Complicated Dark Sky? Logo drip? What the hell you going on about! I have no idea, I don't have a watch - or even an Apple Watch! :lol:

If it's in Arabic, that might make sense 72°C, yes! But there aren't that many Arabs south of the equator. Somewhere in the Arab world you might find that, but I can't think where! 72°C is not possible though. :shock:

Even in the middle of the Rhub Al Khali in high summer.

Well I do have a watch, it's a fake Rolex that I bought in Kuala Lumpur, it looks very much like the real thing I must say! But it's in the drawer and I haven't used it for ages. They have a complete market for fake watches there. You wouldn't believe it! Lots and lots and lots of fake watches all looking pretty much like they are real. Must be the Chinese.

Here it is, a little bit battered - I bought it for about 35 quid I seem to recall
It started ticking again when I picked it up out of the drawer! It's been in there for ages, bought in 2008.

It looked new when I bought it :|

Edid too: I must've used it for mixing the cement! And the gardening. But it does look a little bit like the original. How will it did they produce them? Are they knockoffs? But they were all on display rows and rows in different shops of watches and more watches. All different.

EDIT:
Link:

Last edited by Leewave on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:40 pm 

I'm rolling my eyes but in a joking way, not exasperation. Not having an Apple Watch must make this a tad baffling.

I have a Casio Chronometer that I've not used since. Nobody wants it either. I have free batteries from Timpson so I keep it going.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 pm 

Obviously tinkering with things seems to have, for now, sorted DS. I have been getting believable temperatures and now the complication tells me there will be rain soon. I've not seen that before. The law of Sod. Here's hoping it continues.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm 

I read that Apple are now offering to replace bulging batteries in the series 2 at no cost, as well as the original. Mine is losing stamina and can no longer comfortably do two days, but no hint of swelling.

There are a few links I could have used but this one will do.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:26 pm 

The battery is my original Watch is starting to show its age - it'll be 3 in June - and sometimes needs charging if I want to wear it until I actually go to bed around 1am. May need to get a new one installed.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 pm 

Quote: 'A Canadian student has been fined Canadian $400 (£230, $310) for looking at her Apple smartwatch while waiting at traffic lights.
Victoria Ambrose was found guilty of breaking Ontario's distracted driving law.
In court, Ms Ambrose said she looked at the watch to find out the time.
This claim was rejected by the judge who said smartwatches were a distraction as much as a "cellphone taped to someone's wrist".'

Hey, hosers, be careful, eh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS