[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:36 am 

An alarm is a call to action. Having it turn off after a number of 'rings' surely defeats the object of it.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:19 am 

As I have said before, the Watch Timer can be stopped with a dab from the nose for those times when hands are too messy or gloved. I do it. To be fair, it takes me a couple of dabs sometimes, but it works. Not something I suggest is of use with a Phone or Pad.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:36 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:55 am 

I've never seen or heard of an alarm clock which stops the alarm itself. It wouldn't do me any good that's for sure. As for comparing a microwave timer to an alarm - I don't think you can, it's a completely different thing.

I would be surprised it Apple would implement a user-defined alarm. No doubt someone in the US would sue them for the alarm not waking them up and therefore they missed a multi-million dollar contract - or something like that.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

An alarm that dings you at a certain time is a Reminder, use that for a single ding at a certain time/date. You can even repeat daily/weekly/monthly etc.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:13 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:50 pm 

Listen, this is just me asking so please don’t jump down my throat. When you buy an Apple watch do you get a choice of face styles? Or can you dial in different styles on the same watch? The new series 7 is coming out, I can see that there are different sizes and functions but there seems to be no sign of how the face looks.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:05 pm 

Faces are via software. You add and configure them with complications via the Watch app on your iPhone. You can have a few faces on the Watch at any time and swipe between them.

Here's a quick guide:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:03 am 

Thanks for that loughor, makes so much more sense after your explanation. I have found the watch app on my IPhone, didn’t even know it was there. Lots to read and take in from your link. Thanks again, might get one now.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:03 pm 

I still think it's ridiculous that an alarm on the watch sounds until the battery is flat. And that Siri will set or start a timer/alarm, but not be available to stop it. Completely pointless.

Lorimer

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:12 pm 

You could always give feedback.

I expect they'd ignore you/me/anyone as their whizz kids know better. I feed back now and again just to get the itch scratched. So far I still have seen nothing but who knows? One day.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:48 pm 

Thanks Loughor,

I've just submitted – and now feel slightly better.

Lorimer

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:33 am 

After seeing you both say that you cannot stop and alarm or timer by asking Siri to stop it, I decided to test it out.

I can both set an alarm with Siri and then get Siri to stop the alarm when it goes off. The same goes for a countdown timer.

So go and figure that one out! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:40 am 

What command words stop the Timer, please? I don't use Alarm on my Watch and we were not moaning about that. I just tried it now with 'stop timer' and 'timer stop' but it keeps sounding and Watch Siri says "There was a problem with your timer request. Please try again in a minute".

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:51 am 

All I said was “Hey Siri stop”.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS