[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:59 pm 

Well I've gone and ordered a Apple watch 2 online

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:59 pm 

Which one?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:41 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 pm 

It is the "go to" model.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:58 pm 

I have a 42mm stainless steel with black leather loop.

Plus a couple of other straps.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:46 pm 

What are the straps listed on Amazon like as I might buy a spare

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:28 pm 

I bought one of these in April. It's been excellent.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:09 pm 

Steel link straps pull my wrist hairs. I really do like the look of Milanese Loops. Apple ones are silly money. Amazon ones don't get good reviews (e.g. the paint comes off). Yer pays yer money etc.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:29 pm 

This morning, I finally got to use Apple Pay via my watch (in Tesco) for the first time. I usually have a bill over what they accept wirelessly (is that a word?). Easier than whipping out the 6 (oo matron). I really enjoyed it. I have a sad life.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:10 pm 

I find that when I cross my arms, when in a t-shirt, I activate a complication from the top of the screen by the overlapping forearm. It is an annoyance. I have three complications, two at the top. It doesn't make a difference if I turn one off and shift the other right or left, it still activates. D'oh!

I was charging the watch every night but the battery has only been dropping some 30% a day so I'm seeing how it copes with longer. Still 52% after 33 hours. That's better than I expected.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:09 pm 

Stop wearing T-shirts... ;)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:21 pm 

Nooo bare arms ftw.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:31 am 

I weakened and on Saturday, ordered a cheap Swees branded Milanese Loop strap (). It arrived today. It is better than I expected for £8.99. The magnetic clasp seems very strong. No arm hair pinching. I won't be using it exclusively. I'll be happy if it only lasts six months.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:32 pm 

Well I Ordered a Apple Watch a few weeks back but received a email yesterday saying my card had been declined by my bank. It's all sorted now and my watch is due in around a weeks time.
Apparently with me buying a i phone 7 a few months back and then buying another " expensive " electrical product online it triggered an alert with the bank to check out it was me who ordered these goodies. I couldn't get through to the bank so rang Apple and decided to pay on my debit card and they blocked that as well. Eventually several hours later the bank phoned me and I was in a supermarket and they wanted to ask me security questions so I asked them to call me back and she suggested I call them back. I then said ok if you text or email me your number. She then said she couldn't text or email me back to which I replied you ring me back or I move my account elsewhere.

I got the call back ( an hour later than promised) and went through the security questions including my last 4 card purchases. I then spoke to Apple who said it's down to all the online fraud these days.
I pointed out the original purchase was my first online purchase using Apple Pay but obviously it was the bank and not Apple who declined payment. Of course you can't be too careful with online purchases but it was the fact that they declined my card around 5am and didn't call me until 3.30pm in the afternoon. Pretty poor service from my bank or is this normal these days ?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:51 pm 

Some get pissy. Nearly three years ago, I paid for my car on Visa debit without them flinching.

I did once, many, many years ago, receive a call to check things. When they asked me my password etc. to prove it was me, I asked them how I knew it was really my bank. I made them answer my questions before I answered theirs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS