[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:25 am 

Pedometer++ is a useful app to have installed on both iPhone and Watch. It counts your steps throughout the day.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:33 am 

The default activity app gives a step count. I'm not dismissing your suggestion but what does that do over and above? I did have a look at it on . My poor old osteoarthritic knees get enough movement without going up and down stairs :D No, it looks OK and I might well try, thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:17 am 

It will merge data from your iPhone and Watch to give a complete total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:22 am 

Ah OK.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:21 am 

Closing the rings. Does anyone else try and do this daily? I have most trouble closing the red and I keep the target at 500 calories. The green is easy enough. Maybe I should get out of the house more :( .... or drop the target ;)

I do like the timer app, added as a complication for quick access.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:37 pm 

Loughor, yes to closing the rings. During the week at work and weekends on no problems, when I'm not working I'm not active enough to close them all. Red at 500, green at 30 and blue at 12. Blue, stand, at 12 is easy enough. Green at 30 should be easy, half hour brisk walk, swinging your arms should do it but doesn't always. The red one is the hardest to work out. My work is physically demanding, manual handling type work but still takes most of the day to get to 500 on the red ring. I start at 7am and red is on 433, it will take the rest of the day to get the next 70. I can get the 30 green before 9am.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:42 pm 

Yes I know what you mean about the red starting OK and slowing. You have the same targets as I have set. This works me harder than the Garmin Vivofit 2 it replaced.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:46 pm 

Drop your target. Mine is 350 and I reach it most days. It was up to 480 at the start and there was pretty much no chance of reaching it despite my daily step count always being 6000-7000.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:03 pm 

I have considered doing that. I have just hit the 500 red today and the green has nearly gone round twice. Some days you win, some are a pain. I might drop it a bit when my daughter visits later in the month and see how it goes. Being of the non-slim variety of people, I need the challenge to at least try and keep the lard stable.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:12 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:28 pm 

Is the fitness app on the i phone accurate? I always said I wouldn't buy the Apple watch even though back in my marathon running days I used to use heart rate monitors for my speed training. I have always done a fair bit of walking in my work and my phone told me I did nearly 40 thousand steps last Wednesday and then 28 thousand on Thursday when both days felt very similar to me.

Is their a way to see where you have been using the GPS that could be viewed on a mac or i pad ?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:00 pm 

I'm not one to comment as I use it "as is" to make me get off my arse and move about. Otherwise I'd be too static for good conscience.

Apple suggest you calibrate it to suit your personal stride and so on. See if this is of any help: . I saw the GPS can be used while swimming (Series 2).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:25 am 

WatchOS 3.1 is out. Applying as I type. It is taking longer to download than the latest iOS.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 am 

Updating the Watch is a complete pain. It has to download to iPhone, then be installed via bluetooth (I think) which is why it takes so long.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 am 

My first time so I didn't know how it would work. It got there in the end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS