[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:04 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:12 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm 

^^ I'm not sure what limit Tesco have. I just assumed as they didn't take wireless over £30 and the Watch is really just that. I should ask next time I'm in there. A PIN isn't really a pita to do.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:42 pm 

Many years ago I bought a load of stuff in an outdoors shop. My bank called me to check the transaction as it was all listed as 'sports equipment' and that didn't sound like me! Bloody cheek! I mean, they were right, but still...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:40 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm 

You don't need to unlock your iPhone or Watch to use ApplePay.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:22 pm 

Unlock is perhaps the wrong terminology. I haven't got a compatible iPhone but thought you need to activate touchID when using it. The Apple watch is effectively unlocked when you are wearing it and you need to double press the button on the side to activate ApplePay.

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:01 am 

You can have a passcode on Watch but I don't think that makes a difference to ApplePay.

I have never tried to used ApplePay on Watch without my iPhone being with me, but from how I understand it, ApplePay on Watch will not work without the paired iPhone being connected. You double click the side button to activate it and it then communicates with iPhone for confirmation - without having to activate TouchID on the iPhone.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:17 am 

Yep. Simple.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 am 

bigbluewolf, I don't know whether ApplePay with AppleWatch will work without iPhone nearby (I suspect not) as, like you, my phone is always in my pocket. Your correct about not activating touchID when using AppleWatch for ApplePay.
Forgetting about AppleWatch for now, if you have an iPhone compatible with ApplePay (I don't, mines a 5S) you need to have your finger on touchID when you wave the phone over the pay terminal, effectively unlocking it, least wise confirming your identity.

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:11 am 

Yes that's how it works. Your fingerprint authorises the transaction.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:45 pm 

My Apple Watch arrived via UPS on Friday afternoon. It looked like it's been a few places according to the online tracking. It's been 2 places in China, Korea, Kazakhstan, Germany, Castle Donnington and finally Stoke on Trent. The timescale was 16/11 to 18/11.
Been having fun so far playing with my new toy.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:00 am 

I bought this strap 8 month ago and its done me great. No discolouration or scratches so highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1

I paid £25 but I see its been reduced a little.

Gary.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:19 pm 

I just ordered the black version of the Milanese Loop I mentioned before. It is Monday, just after midday and Amazon Prime next day delivery is Wednesday. Pffft! I can wait.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 am 

It is good to know that you can still use Apple Pay via the watch even without the paired iPhone. I left my 6 at home and didn't realise until I got back, but still bought stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS