[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:01 am 

I had an email from Apple asking me to take part in an Watch satisfaction survey. What one thing would you change? The way the crown gets pressed or complication gets selected when going about a normal day. What's the time? Oh look, it shows me a list of apps, the dock, the rings or pick a timer. Otherwise, happy enough.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

I've bought myself a pre-loved original - should arrive on Monday \o/

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 pm 

I just had an odd manifestation on the Watch. It was all working except that it would not display the activity rings/charts/stats. It would enter and exit the App and show the wee slider when you move the crown, just not the rings. The complication updated so it was still watching what I did (no pun intended). I searched but no results were found at all. A basic restart fixed it. Which was nice. That is the first glitch I have seen.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm 

Yesterday, I got three days use out of one charge for the first time. It still had 10% left. It always does two but is then down to 30-40% so I charge it overnight. I'm pleased with that anyway but three was a bonus. Perhaps I don't have enough for it to do.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:03 am 

I see that Watch support for some apps, including Google Maps, is being withdrawn. It would be a shame if it were to be the trend. I don't use many extra apps on my Watch, but all the same, it can't be good.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:21 pm 

I tried Microsoft Translator today. It is one of the regularly recommended "must have" apps for the Watch in lists I see. I managed to get the iPhone version to translate to Welsh (but not the phrases I asked it to do - I must mumble) but the Watch version won't change from Spanish, no matter how many times I tap, press or otherwise attempt to select a language like German or other. No instructions could be found. Abandoned that for a game of soldiers. If I meet a foreign speaker, I'll talk louder and slower. That has been the British way for so long.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:29 pm 

You need to use 3D Touch to change the language. Press and press again and it should appear.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:06 am 

Yes, I got to that screen, tapped Choose language and brought up a long list. I tap/press/etc on any one and it goes back to the top screen and back to Spanish. It will not change for me. There are no settings in the Watch app to take into account.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:50 am 

Try uninstalling the app from the Watch and then re-install it.

Or maybe try old switch off switch on routine when the Watch.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 am 

Upon further investigation I have the same problem even after a reinstall. Must be a bug in the app.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:28 am 

I think it must indeed be a bug. I'll wait for an update then try again I also got We can't be the only ones. I did try re-installing but didn't restart the Watch. I think it looks interesting if it works as advertised.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:13 am 

From the little use I've given it on iPhone, it seems to work ok.

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:25 am 

I posted a review making comment on the Watch app. Feedback is how they find out about bugs and other people know they are not doing anything wrong.

--edit-- The review is live. I've only ever posted three.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 am 

This morning I nipped out. The iPhone connected to the car via Bluetooth but when I got to the destination, I spotted that the watch had disconnected. No idea why they wouldn't talk (I tried the Bluetooth settings, etc.) but restarting the iPhone sorted it straight away. It had me baffled for couple of minutes before the old off/on. They are usually happy to see each other after a separation.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm 

My iPhone doesn't always want to connect to my car handsfree kit. Think it's a bluetooth compatibility issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS