[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Apple TV in Apple Store
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:25 pm 

I'd also prefer a proper power off. My man-cave never gets dark with all the LEDs on this and that in standby. The two computers are about all that get shut down and unplugged.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:37 pm 

I've lost my photos. I seem only to get shared streams from others and not my own photo album. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. But what?

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 pm 

If you have set up a library (the same as for Movies, TV, etc.) and pointed it at the photos directory, you should see them. Is the Photo library showing in the list? Otherwise I don't know, sorry.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:05 pm 

Yes it's odd. I have several thousand in my Photos app on the Mac but only 295 are showing on the TV. The photos are uploaded to iCloud but appear on the iPhone and iPad as they should.
I've done a reset but its not changed anything. All my music is there so maybe it is an iCloud thing.

Update: solved it. I needed to turn on 'sharing with Apple TV' in iTunes then go to the computers app on TV. All my photos are now available.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:45 pm 

I just found out that you can promote apps such as Plex, Netflix and BBC iPlayer to the top row on the main menu. That is good because then you see their info in the top pane and the standard Apple ones, which I don't use, get displaced. I like this feature. I thought I could only mess about rearranging the lower part containing my downloaded apps. I'm sure you lot knew but I'm chuffed so I'm mentioning it.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:10 am 

I bought one of the Steelseries game controllers on a whim. It arrived yesterday but today I paired it with the ATV and had a go of one of the games that came over to my TV App inventory. Chillaxians. I wasn't very good at it. It isn't that good a game. I'll have more of a go at others later. I'm using Plex for now. It works as a replacement for the remote as well as in games.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:43 am 

The controller is good. It has a nice weight about it and feels as good as a PS4 or Xbox One controller.

Take a look at Alto's Adventures if you want an easy-to-play-but-a-good-challenge game. It syncs between iPhone, iPad and Apple TV is you use Game Centre. It's not free.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS