[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPhone SE
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: iPhone SE
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 am 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:54 am 

and EE are now or soon will be BT

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:12 am 

Yeah I know. BT customer service is diabolical

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:31 pm 

Just awaiting the migration of my number - all data migrated from old 5c - We will see how it goes.

The deal was brill as mentioned - hopefully the network will do what it says on the tin.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:26 am 

Hi guys!

I've had an iPhone 5 since 2012, but its getting old and slow. I really like the form-factor whereby I can use hand. Therefore I'm thinking about getting myself an iPhone SE.

So, for you guys who've bought it, what's your impressions? How's the camera?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:14 pm 

its ok - Pop by an Apple store and try it out - Then you'll know for certain.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:23 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:26 pm 

My feeling is that "a play" with the phone doesn't really tell one that much...

Yes, it will be lightning fast, that's to be expected.
Yes, it will feel just like the phone you've had for the last four years, so you'll be comfortable with it right from the start.
You'll love the camera and Live photos.
You'll love the much faster LTE and Wi-Fi
and Yes, you'll love Touch ID and Apple Pay.

I would strongly urge anyone to not buy the 16gb entrance model though. You would really thank yourself in future years for having gone for the 64. There are few things more frustrating in never having enough space on one's phone/computer.

Also, as has been discussed in other threads, it is far, far cheaper to buy the phone outright and get a sim-only deal – even if you have to get a bank loan to do so (well, use the credit card first).

I'm sure you've been looking at: http://www.apple.com/iphone-se/; if not, do so.

Happy decision making!

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:42 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:47 pm 

I bought mine purely on the look of it in a photo.

It works perfectly ok -

It is a modern mobile phone from a company with a heritage of designing quality IT products.

Just get one if you want one.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:03 pm 

iMac (El Cap)
MacBook Pro (El Cap)
iPhone 6s
MBP (El Cap) [Mr H's]
PowerBook 170, (System 7.5) Works
iPod classic 160GB
2 Dell netbook hacks (10.6.7)
G4 Dual 450 (Tiger) Dead
G3 iBook (Tiger) Stiction Dead HD
MacPlus (System?) Too cute but dead

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:51 pm 

If you want a unlocked iPhone a definite way to get one is buy a SIM-free one from Apple. Without any contract attached.

As for which one, screen size is the place to start.
If you want a small screen then buy an SE.
If you want a medium sized screen then buy a 6s.
If you want a large screen then buy a 6s Plus.

A way to find out which one is to visit an Apple Store (or a mobile phone shop) and handle them.

One tip about capacity. Don't buy a 16Gb version. Ever.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:15 pm 

iMac (El Cap)
MacBook Pro (El Cap)
iPhone 6s
MBP (El Cap) [Mr H's]
iPod classic 160GB
G4 Dual 450 (Tiger) Dead

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:00 pm 

Can someone with the iPhone SE over there, where most of you are, which is to say, not here across the pond in the US - can you please check your phone and tell me if, indeed, you have model 1723.

I don't know where the model number is on the phone but it should be on the box. Apple describes this as the Global version rather than the one they offer as "SIM-free" (aka no contract) here, which is model 1662.

Thanks ever so much.

PS I edited my reply above if anyone else in the US reads this and needs to know how to get 1723 in the US.

Does anyone want to make a good guess for me, based on knowledge of history perhaps?
Will the SE come down in price after September 12 when the iPhone 7 is released? Or do I need a crystal ball to determine the answer?
I'm waiting till then, regardless...

iMac (El Cap)
MacBook Pro (El Cap)
iPhone 6s
MBP (El Cap) [Mr H's]
iPod classic 160GB
G4 Dual 450 (Tiger) Dead

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:09 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS