[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Is the headphone jack on the iPhone, iPad... at its end?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:51 pm 

I'm still on holiday, well... actually until tomorrow morning, but today I came across this article. Perhaps this is interesting for the group.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/29/12054 ... ernews.com

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:31 pm 

I've read rumors that support that it will not be on the iPhone 7, and conflicting rumors that it will.
Why not just...wait?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am 

I've been reading the same rumors for a while now, and I've started to think that they are true, the headphone-jack is going to disappear...

With that said, I don't think it's the best idea. In fact, I believe it's a particularly stupid idea, since the rumors right now seems to suggest that we're either getting earpods with either a lightning adapter or just a connector.

I think they should wait to introduce this leap until they also introduces wireless charging and BT-airpods...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:01 pm 

"Is the headphone jack on the iPhone, iPad... at its end?"

Les - we'll know in a few hours.
Pay attention.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm 

iPhone 7, EarPods with lightning connector and Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:13 pm 

New Bluetooth AirPods.... priced at *very deep breath* One hundred and fifty nine pounds.

For something you will lose or get eaten by the dog within a week.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 pm 

RIP to charging your iPhone and listening to music at the same time.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm 

Regular occurrence for me.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

You'll need Bluetooth headphones when you upgrade next then :-|

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:41 pm 

Not at that stupid price I won't.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:21 pm 

Like Chris says, I don't think the wireless earbuds would last long before you lost one, or both. I'll be sticking with wired earphones (Lightning or analogue via the included adapter).

Doesn't surprise me that the 3.5mm port has gone, strange that the guy (whose name I forget) said in the keynote that it was dropped to save space, yet the iPhone 7 is the exact same thickness (7.1mm) as the iPhone 6s - and the iPhone 7 Plus as the iPhone 6s Plus (7.3mm) according to the Apple website.

I like the phone though, although it's not a new design as they were saying it was in the keynote - it's an evolution of the iPhone 6s case that's all. Hardly ground-breaking, but nice enough upgrade.

I was expecting a new range of wireless speakers - to take on the Sonos brand - but maybe that was wishful thinking.

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:49 am 

On the very rare occasions that I listen to anything on my iPhone, I use some old Bluetooth headphones that were bundled with a Dell laptop I had many, many years ago. However, the adapter will cater for those who listen on the move via wire. I suppose the much pimped speakers are how they expect people to listen while on charge. The internal space "saved" went on beefing up the internals and battery. I can see why it happened and have no problem with it. I was more interested in the Watch Series 2. I can't afford one of them and a 7. Well, I shouldn't.

I can't see a need to compete with Sonos myself. I use mine to listen to Apple Music between TV and radio duties, so there is a level of cooperation already (many other streaming services are available and supported). An Apple speaker system wouldn't fill a hole in the market or sound better. It doubt it would cheaper.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:12 am 

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:18 pm 

Can't you listen using Bluetooth headphones?

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, fine, I am not familiar with the latest technology.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS