[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPhone question
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: iPhone question
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:46 pm 

My present OS is Yosemite – and I think I will remain at Yosemite for quite some time. This is due to issues with Adobe software.

I want to buy a new iPhone. This will either be the new 7 when it comes out , or the present 6s – especially if I can get it at a discount when the 7 comes out. But it also depends on the answer to the following question:

Will I be able to “manage” a 6s phone under Yosemite? I'm running the latest version of iTunes, but do I need a later version of the OS to manage/administer a 6s phone?

If there is no conflict involving Yosemite and the 6s phone, is there likely to be an issue involving Yosemite and the iPhone 7? Naturally, I'll have to wait and see what the requirements are for the 7 – but I'm just looking for people's opinions or knowledge at this time.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: iPhone question
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm 

I have an iPhone 6 on the latest iOS. On the very rare occasion that it needs to be plugged into my Yosemite computer, it works perfectly.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:33 pm 

Can't help with your specific situation but my 5s works fine with the current (most recent release) iTunes and El Capitan

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:39 pm 

Thanks, Anndra.
Anyone with the 6s phone and Yosemite?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:45 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:09 pm 

If there are other members who cannot help with my question - please don't post.
Thanks.

Post subject: iPhone question
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:44 pm 

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:13 pm 

Thanks, Steve.
That would put a 6s in my hands, at the least.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:59 pm 

Usually Apple say that you need the latest version of iTunes with the latest iPhone. That doesn't necessarily exclude Yosemite as iTunes usually works on a few versions of OS X and not just the most current one.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 pm 

Right.
I'm on iTunes 12.4.3. I think that that version is the latest - for any version of the OS.
If things do not change from that situation, I would be able to use a 7 phone with Yosemite.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:21 pm 

Unless Apple decide otherwise...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:07 pm 

Quite. Apple have a habit of releasing a new version of iTunes at the same time as a new iPhone, which can be a requirement to using the new model. Probably a case of waiting another month or so to find out if that's the case this time round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 am 

Got it.

Also. I could partition my HD and install a later version of the OS on it (or on an external), and manage a phone "from there".
Right?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:41 am 

Sounds like a plan.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:42 am 

Or you could just upgrade EVERYTHING like Apple want you to do...

:mrgreen:

PS I am joking!

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS