[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - who's buying the new iPhone 7
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Will you purchase a new phone
iPhone 7 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
iPhone 7 plus 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
iPhone 6s 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
iPhone 6s plus 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Samsung S7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
other Apple phone 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
other android phone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Windows 10 phone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
not upgrading yet 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
who cares about over priced phones anyway 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:36 pm 

I was looking at the pricing for the new phone and read that we are getting hit with a brexit increase of £60. I'd like to piont out that the iPhone 7 costs £35 more in Germany.

iPhone 7 128GB costs £699.
iPhone 7 128GB costs €869.

So that makes the UK cheaper for the iPhone 7 ???

I am thinking about the new iPhone as my sons 5s needs repairing and I have the iPhone 6, 64GB. Its gonna cost me about £350 for a replacement phone for him, so I give him mine and buy a new one for myself. :tu:

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:03 pm 

I always said I'd go from 6 to 8. At these prices (not related to any EU decision), it might be 6>9. Maybe a Watch S2 to sate my irrational tech wants. I'll report back of that happens.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:45 pm 

The £60 hike is putting me off a little but I do have a £50 off voucher for Very and you get 12 month interest free credit.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:19 am 

I already have an iPhone 6s so I don't need to upgrade, maybe not for another 2 or 3 years or more. But, since Apple has already lowered the price, my younger son did go get a new 128 GB iPhone 6s today to replace his iPhone 4s.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:54 pm 

I do need a new phone; my present one is a 3s - which no longer works in Italy!!

But this update to the iPhone is pretty

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:38 pm 

I have an iphone 3, my helpful niece upgraded it yesterday to iso 6 so I could get instant messaging ( or something ) that I already had.

Thanks very much, now I have no camera on my phone, but at least bluetooth works :shock:

I may get an iphone SE, but don't have any inclination for a 7 or 8.

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:15 am 

I can upgrade in Feb next year, but to be honest, I don't see the benefit at the moment. I think as I opted for a 64GB 6s I'm quite satisfied with my iPhone: it holds everything I need it to plus more, and with it now running iOS 10 it feels more than sufficient.

I'm going to let my contract expire and go for a SIM only contract and enjoy a drop in price each month.

There seems to be a lot of people underwhelmed with the 7: its a great phone no question, but for most there don't seem to be enough improvements to warrant an upgrade. Plus the tariffs will be extortionate. The big plus is the fact the 16GB model has gone, with entry level at 32GB. Finally!

Last edited by DanielMoore on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:47 am 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:19 am 

You can have an EE contract phone unlocked after 6 months of your contract. You still have to pay the rest of the contract though even if you do put another network SIM in it..

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:09 pm 

Iirc EE only let the original purchaser unlock the phone so if you buy an iPhone 2nd hand you'll be in trouble trying to get it unlocked.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 am 

I have upgraded to the 7 128GB from a 5s. The 32GB was getting a bit small and the 7 is loads faster, has a much better camera than the 5s

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:35 pm 

Went into the breahead Glasgow Apple Store. No iPhone 7s available :(

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS