[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Cannot send Email on iPhone and iPad
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 am 

I have 3 different email addresses; 1@ntlworld.com receives and sends on iMac and iPhone but will only receive and cannot send on the iPad, despite having the same settings.
2@ntlworld.com receives and sends on iMac, receives on both iPhone and iPad but cannot send from either device!!
3@gmail.com is no problem at all!! I suppose that tells me something!
However the other email addresses are long standing and have suddenly stopped working over the past month.
Anyone experience this or have any ideas? I have deleted and reinstalled the accounts a number of times. Virgin don't seem to know what the solution is.
IOS on both devices is 9.3.5.

iPad
iPhone6

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:30 pm 

Are the settings are the same as in this article?

I used to have mine set as IMAP.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:56 pm 

Yup!!

iPad
iPhone6

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:57 pm 

Have you gone back to POP then?

iPad
iPhone6

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:13 pm 

Nope, I was getting sh*tloads of spam so ditched it completely. I forward all emails to my Gmail account now.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 am 

Sounds like a bloody good idea! Virgin claim they cannot do anymore and claim it must be a 'device' issue which I tend to agree when you consider that I get it on one and not on the other!
I've started a temp email another@virginmedia which seems to work no problem. However, one then has to consider telling all your contacts of the change of address. I may do that and forward the residue to gmail. Thanks for you input - much appreciated.
Regards

iPad
iPhone6

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:28 am 

It's worked perfectly for me. I set the forwarding address and also made sure to keep a copy of the message in the ntlworld inbox. Then at least if you decide to go back to using ntlworld, all the emails will be still there.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:37 pm 

Finally solved it. Thought this maybe of interest:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Ema ... 62#M132312
Apple in their wisdom only delete the incoming server and not the outgoing one when you delete and reinstall an email account. Therefore one has to re-input the both servers to get it to work.
Thanks for all your input.

iPad
iPhone6

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS