[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPad Mini 2 WiFi symbol greyed out
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:20 pm 

Hi all, wonder if someone can offer any solutions to this weird problem...plugged the iPad Mini 2 into the wall last night to charge it, it was running fine at that point. Came to use it later and it has no wifi signal. The wifi symbol in both the Settings panel and the Control Centre is greyed out and unusable. The Bluetooth setting is also just spinning, as if that is constantly searching for some signal. I have searched the internet for solutions and done those to no avail - I have turned the iPad off/on again, I have done a hard reset, I have reset the network settings multiple times, I have backed it up to itunes and updated it to the latest iOS. The only thing I can't do is restore it as it wants me to turn off Find My iPad before it will do that, but that seems to require verification from Apple's servers via my Apple ID password, which it obviously can't reach as I have no wifi!?!

The iPad is wifi only, no cellular, so I am stumped at this point.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try, or is it shot? I am thinking the wifi antenna has shorted or something when I plugged it in the wall last night :(

Thanks in advance for any help!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:03 pm 

I was going to tell you to reset the network settings but you've already done that.

Have you tried plugging into iTunes to see what it says (if anything)?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:45 pm 

Yeah, I plugged it into iTunes and it backed up as usual. I then updated it to the latest iOS from there. But apart from that, it didn't do or tell me anything out of the ordinary!

I was going to try restoring it from iTunes, but it won't seem to let me without I turn off Find My iPad first, which requires my Apple ID password, which it won't accept as I have no wifi signal to connect to Apples servers for verification!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:30 pm 

Only thing Apple suggest is resetting network settings and if that fails, contact Support.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:31 pm 

http://www.payetteforward.com/why-is-wi ... -real-fix/

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:46 pm 

^ Thanks, but that's for iPhone. I don't think the wifi antenna is in the same place on the iPad.
Looks like it's shot then. Well out of warranty, so have to decide whether it's worth forking out to fix it or :-/

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:54 am 

Just to finish this thread off, I finally got around to taking the iPad to the local Apple repairers. They tried a DFU (are they the correct initials?!) reset, but that didn't work, so came to the same conclusion as me that the WiFi antenna was shot, for whatever reason. They said I could have a like for like replacement from Apple for £189, but as I now use my phone more, I declined. Came out with a shiny new iPhone upgrade instead! Expensive day in the end, but loving the iPhone 7 :-)

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS