[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 10.1 out now
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: iOS 10.1 out now
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 pm 

* Witty statement goes here *

Post subject: Re: iOS 10.1 out now
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:31 pm 

Downloaded and installed on iPad Air - took around 20 minutes. No issues so far to report, in fact the first iOS update ever that hasn't automatically turned on Bluetooth back on - finally!!!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:51 am 

I always leave bluetooth enabled on my iPhone. So much easier when connecting to the handsfree kit in the car.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:17 pm 

Yep, I agree on the iPhone (now that I've actually got one!) but a minor irritation on the iPad to turn it off after every update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:40 pm 

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.

I was working with/on my phone all day (it's new, and so am I to almost all smartphone uses), and didn't look to see if an update to the OS was available.
I was downloading and updating apps.

Wouldn't you think that one would be notified of such an update - and not have to seek it out? And miss it? :roll:

And:
How can I get rid of photo albums created by the software - that mean nothing to me, and are actually misleading and incorrect in its assumptions?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 pm 

You will get notified of an update but Apple tend to leave it about a week to push the notification.

Then you can never get rid of it until you update.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:08 pm 

As for iOS-created albums. You can't.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:09 pm 

Blimey.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:48 am 

iOS 10.1.1 is out now.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:52 am 

Thanks.
And there is an update to iTunes, also.

I continue to use iTunes to sync and manage my phone.
I love the feel of a cable. It's so...reassuring.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:58 am 

Anyone (else) having a problem with updating apps.

My apps that are shown to have an update just won't get updated. Clicking all the right places - the usual suspects - doesn't result in the apps being updated.

Could it be that the servers are overloaded?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:08 am 

Probably their servers. I had loads back up on my MBPr after the Event - updates to work with the touch bar. They were flagged but wouldn't budge. Eventually, after 36 hours, they arrived. Not iOS but probably related.

As to 10.1.1, it stopped my iPad going landscape, but a reboot sorted that.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:24 am 

I've sorted it.

Don't know why, but I finally got this message:

And did what needed to be done: make a cuppa, count to ten, and go to the Website.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:16 pm 

I just plugged the iPhone 6 into my MBPr to get an iTunes backup. It insisted on installing 10.1.1, even though it was already using that version since 1st November (see above). No idea what that is about but something isn't just working.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:19 pm 

Its 10.1.1 v2

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS