[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 12 / WatchOS 5 / TVOS 12
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:43 pm 

All done here. Well, the Watch is still going but that takes ages so I'm not waiting for that to finish. The iPhone 8+ fair nipped through it but the iPad Pro was more pedestrian. Still, it got there after about half an hour (I didn't note the start time). Probably all the other people getting it at the same time slowing the servers down.

--edit-- First thoughts: I see the Bluetooth icon at the top doesn't show any more. The wifi icon has changed sides on the iPad. I ditched (to the folder) the new Apple apps they 'helpfully' put on my iPad home screen. I'm sure there will be more.

--edit-- HomePods as well.

Last edited by loughor on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 am 

Is iOS 12 that revolting hideous blue and red Home screen or did they have a last minute attack of good taste?

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 am 

I don't know what you refer to. It looks the same on my gadgets as it did on 11.x but with the minor tweaks of top icon placing. I see no red and blue except for the app icons.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:28 pm 

Text bubbles in iMessage are now a darker blue and darker green on my iPhone X but unchanged on my iPad Pro. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm 

I've not got any texts in iMessage at the moment. My iMessages are still grey and blue, unless that will change when I next get/send one.

I use the timer on my Watch a lot. They have swapped the position of the button to silence the end chime. Whereas the bottom left was 'stop' it is now 'time it again, Sam'. I hope I adapt soon. It is really annoying the 'stuff' out of me. I can't think why they would feel it necessary to change such a basic thing.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm 

It is lucky I don't use the Health app to get achievement badges or I would be grumpy. Apart from the basic monthly ones, the rest seem to have been reset. Like the 365 and 500 move goals. They are now outlines again, even though it knows I have exceeded the target when you open to see progress. I feel I'm getting extra credit on Move and Exercise as I've doubled both today. It would normally have taken until evening. It could be I was being under credited.

I have stepped up my daily ring targets since the Doctor told me I was getting too near to Type 2 territory on the blood tests. This morning I punched a new hole in my belt. The Health app does help.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:37 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 am 

Oh right. My gadgets kept the same wallpapers from 11 so it didn't occur to me they'd get changed for others.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:15 am 

That's just one of the many wallpapers on offer. Wallpapers don't get changed if you have set a different one.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:27 pm 

I went online and searched for "iphone wallpaper" until I found some I liked. Copied them down and put them on the device (Waltr 2 does this neater than Photos). They live in a Photos album and just pick the one you want. Well, half true. I have that for the lock screen (it's an adaptation of The Great Wave off Kanagawa) and the main desktop is something dark I must have picked from years ago but isn't shown in Photos or Wallpaper.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:33 pm 

I've been checking several times a day & still the Watch app on my iPhone X says "watchOS 4.3.2 Your software is up to date." I have a series 2 Apple Watch. Does anyone know how I force it to see watchOS 5?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:07 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:24 pm 

@Peggy,
Apple rolls out its (i)OS software updates in "waves". Not everyone is offered it at the same time.
Probably insures a good experience for all, since not everyone can access the servers at once.

====

I have just read about a neat new feature in iOS12's Do Not Disturb feature:
there is the option to turn off DND when one leaves the present location. :idea:
I can really appreciate that. Having an appendectomy? Use it, and DND is on until you get wheeled to the recovery room. :tu:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 pm 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS