[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Screenshot
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: Screenshot
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:15 pm 

Regarding iPhone 7+ / iOS 10.2.1

I assume that it is possible to take a screenshot. I'm being asked for one by a support person for an app.
How to take a screenshot?

Post subject: Re: Screenshot
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:23 pm 

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-take- ... -7-7-plus/

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:24 pm 

Press the Home button and then the Power button. It should flash the screen and make a camera shutter sound. THe image will be in the Photo roll.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:33 pm 

Thank you. Just discovered it at about the same time.

Apple doesn't seem to be very willing to show this feature. At least, I don't see it in Apple's guide - or others.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 pm 

I dunno. It's been around for ages on any iOS device. I take screenies on my iPad of interesting articles I want to keep from eMagazines (free from the local Library service), Airdrop them to my Mac, then print them to a PDF from Preview.

A quick search of Apple's support gives up

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:51 pm 

"It's been around for ages on any iOS device."
I'm somewhat new at using an iPhone. Thanks again for the info.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:07 pm 

Just a thought:

Great info!
I obviously didn't know this either. And now that there's the answer, it should go into the tips and tricks thread.
As I said to Jonah, I'm so new to the iPhone, I don't know what is new and what everyone knows and all these tips are spread out everywhere on site.

iMac (El Cap)
MacBook Pro (El Cap)
iPhone 6s
MBP (El Cap) [Mr H's]
PowerBook 170, (System 7.5) Works
iPod classic 160GB
2 Dell netbook hacks (10.6.7)
G4 Dual 450 (Tiger) Dead
G3 iBook (Tiger) Stiction Dead HD
MacPlus (System?) Too cute but dead

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:13 pm 

I was referring to Apple's willingness to publicise features. I used to have a PDF about iOS (probably v6 when I got my iPhone 4) but as newer versions appeared, it got out of date and deleted. I've not found another since. T'was good for finding stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:40 pm 

"And now that there's the answer, it should go into the tips and tricks thread."
So...put it there.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:20 pm 

I seem to have fibbed. It wasn't a PDF. It was an iBook. It is still available. It is free.

(That is the US site but you get the idea.)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:27 pm 

The screenshot will appear in 'All Photos' and also in an album named (unsurprisingly) 'Screenshots'.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 pm 

On my phone, it appears in the album "Camera Roll" - created by Cupertino.

This may be the case because I do not use iPhoto/Photos or any synching. Not sure.
But Camera Roll it is.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS