[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Siri vs. Google Assistant
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 pm 

As a Star Trek fan (any version), you'd think saying "computer - blah blah blah" wouldn't seem crazy. One day it will be normal when more people do it. With these gadgets, it won't be long.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:12 pm 

Ive started using Siri since I had a Carplay device fitted in my car.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:01 pm 

Today, I started asking Siri, via my Watch, to set various timers. I'll keep at it and maybe get used to talking to hardware, ...is the hope. That, or get bored of it.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:21 pm 

A poster on another forum, curious to see what happened, put on an angry voice and told Siri to "shut up". Response was: 'I'm sorry Jane, I'm only trying to help!" :)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm 

It seems the HomePod won't appear this year as promised, but "early 2018" instead.

Besides playing music, for which you need a subscription, I'm not clear what else it offers over that which Siri does on a Watch/iPhone/etc.

I see that Alexa can now 'control Sonos', for which you need the Amazon Music Prime, over and above Prime video and delivery.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 pm 

I’ve been told that you don’t need a subscription to be able to play music as it will access your iTunes library.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm 

Ok right, thanks. I always bought elsewhere as it was cheaper and I've only had Apple kit in the last few years. This is why I hadn't considered what a library meant. iTunes did once try to copy my thousands of MP3 files to iCloud but I soon stopped that in it's tracks (pun just spotted as I was about to post - sorry).

--edit--
OK My post a higher up was wondering what it could do. Not long after, the article linked below appeared, which although it still says December, outlines the features.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:00 pm 

My daughter's husband was given an Alexa of some sort as an xmas bonus from his work. I don't know if they use it now, but they did have fun trying out things, such as "Alexa, open the pod bay doors" to which they got "I can't do that, Dave".

I'm waiting to see the HomePod's abilities when it shows up.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 pm 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS