[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.3 - and similar
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:46 pm 

How can I download and install such a manual on the phone?
It seems to be available only online (in the cloud?) - or am I missing something? Isn't it available as a .pdf which can be added to my phone's content?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:07 pm 

iBooks app. Search iOS 10. There is an "iPhone User Guide for iOS 10.3". Free.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:13 pm 

Yes - I know that there is.

My question: "How can I download and install such a manual on the phone?"

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 pm 

From the iBooks app. Here's how ->

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 pm 

Thanks for that link. Lots of helpful info.
I didn't actually find the answer there, but it inspired me to experiment - which was a success.

Other issue: niggle upon attempting to remove an iBook.
From that page:
"If you want to delete a book or audio book, open iBooks and tap Select. Scroll to find the item that you want to delete, then tap it. Choose Delete, then tap one of the options:
Tap Remove Download to delete it only from your device.
Tap Delete Everywhere to delete the item from iCloud and automatically remove it from all of your other devices."

I got only "Remove Download" when choosing Delete. I did not get the option Delete Everywhere.

The iBook that I wish to delete is the iPad User Guide iOS 9.
I see that it is deleted from my Library, but the title still appears on my iPad.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:11 pm 

It still appears because it's a 'purchase'. It will most likely have the Cloud icon with a downward arrow indicating that you can download it to your iPad if needed.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 pm 

It does indeed have the iCloud icon with a downward arrow - to be downloaded, or not.
Thanks for that.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 pm 

You can hide purchases but not delete them from your list. You do this in iBooks on a Mac (not in iOS).

Open iBooks
Click iBooks Store in top-left corner
Click Purchased
Click the x in the top-left corner of the book you want to hide

And to unhide:

Open iBooks
Click iBooks Store in top-left corner
Click Account
Click Manage next to Hidden Purchases
Click Unhide below book in question

I nicked the instructions from elsewhere. I have hidden books via my Mac and they have indeed vanished from iOS. Not that you will want to hide anything but there it is, just in case.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:00 pm 

Well, that doesn't work for me.

I signed in to the store. The Purchased tab does not show all my purchases - and the Not in My Library tab is empty.
The Library tab shows All Books - but not the one which doesn't interest me; the one I would like to hide is hidden in this tab.

AH!
I purchased the book-in-question with a different Apple I.D.
Signed in with that I.D. and hid that purchase. Mission accomplished.

Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 pm 

(In the voice of Hedonismbot) Multiple Apple IDs. How decadent.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm 

No.
How confusing.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS