[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Watch Straps
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: Watch Straps
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:10 pm 

Hi all,

I've got a couple of straps for my Watch-the Nike strap that it shipped with, and a woven Nylon strap, in orange, both genuine Apple.

I'd like to have a couple more straps but would like to give some 3rd party straps a go, mainly due to cost. Thing is, the internet is littered with them. I do actually really like the standard silicone Apple straps, and obviously there is a plethora of silicone copies online that start as low as £3, but I don't want to buy crap basically.

Can anybody recommend from experience, any sellers on Amazon or eBay, or retailers online that sell good quality straps for the Apple Watch? I'm open to most styles as long as they are decent quality-it is to hold an expensive item in place after all!

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Watch Straps
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 pm 

I have two additional third party Milanese loop straps from Amazon (Swees brand). Under a tenner each. One black, one steel. Unfortunately, they are no longer listed, which yes I know makes this read like a duff post, but I'd say as long as the magnet is strong, and these don't shift unless I want them to (or rust yet), then any cheap ones in that style that you like the look of will do. I can't comment on third party silicone or nylon as I just have the standard black. I look now and again but there's nothing yet to tempt me further. I'd be interested to see other people's suggestions too.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:34 pm 

I have one of Can't complain about it at all.

I also have a stainless steel strap which is on my Watch 90% of the time but it's not for sale any longer.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm 

I too like the silicone straps and couldn't justify buying another genuine Apple one so I bought a MoKo strap on Amazon which works just fine. The only difference is the strap is thinner but other than that it does the job.

www.mokodirect.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm 

Thanks for the input guys.

I like the look of the leather strap-happy to take a punt at that price too. I’ve always had stainless watch straps so moving away from one of those has been weird; I’ve looked at plenty of 3rd party stainless bands online but I’ve never felt comfortable enough to commit. I think it’s the quality of the tabs that slide the strap in place that bother me. So many hit and miss reviews.

I’ve increased my collection with another two sport bands though: one new, one as good as and boxed. I paid £18 for the new one from Currys (clearance) in bright green, and £20 for the used one in bright blue. It is 99% perfect and I really did struggle with commuting to a second hand strap, but you can’t get that colour from Apple anymore, and I have a vast amount of Isopropanol at home so it had a thoroughly good scrub with that and a (new!) toothbrush.

I got fleeced on eBay for an unboxed yellow strap, but that has since been refunded by eBay. Quite nice to have a little collection, makes the Watch feel a little more playful.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS