[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPhone X
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: iPhone X
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:57 pm 

Was the release presentation released as a podcast? I can't find it on the iTunes Store.

Post subject: Re: iPhone X
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:00 pm 

It's on the Apple Store, as usual, or through Apple TV. Probably others.

Store ->

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:23 pm 

I watched the event through my old Apple TV. I thought the iPhone X was a beautiful piece of tech. Would I buy one…. only if I had very deep pockets or I win the lottery!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm 

Last edited by Dave Braine on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:47 pm 

Much as I'd like an iPhone X, the cost is just too much. The same applies to a 256GB 8 Plus. I could stretch to an 8 Plus 64GB assuming my lined-up-buyer still wants my 6. The bigger screen appeals. I have never come close to worrying 64GB so 256 would just be a waste. Best I get onto she-who-has-dibs on the 6.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 pm 

I have a 128 7 but as I now subscribe to iTunes match, there is no real need for the 128gb as most of this was taken up with music.

TBH with the cost of data plans coming down and free wifi, you can even upload your pictures too.

The iPhone x is only £200 dearer than the 8 plus but it has a bigger screen. Im not saying at £999 is cheap or £759 if you go to the USA :oops: :o

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 am 

Re. the US price - does that include taxes? Do they get added on top of listed price? I don't know.

The £ price is near as dang it the same as the € price when comparing the UK and German Apple Store sites. VAT included. Currency conversion via the dashboard widget.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 am 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 am 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:13 am 

Probably State and Federal taxes. So $999 isn't quite the figure we should compare with.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am 

@ 10% tax the iPhone x would be £835, still £164 dearer.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:58 am 

£999 is £832.50 without 20% VAT.

You have to blame the effects of the Leave referendum result for this increase in prices. Sterling has lost so much value already even before the UK actually leaving the EU that companies (not just Apple) have had to increase prices. It will probably get worse after the fateful day in March 2019.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:02 am 

This is a useful tool for calculating VAT

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:41 am 

I have more or less decided that I'll go for the 8 Plus 64GB and the fancy features can wait another three years of so.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 am 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS