[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Screen burn-out on an iPhone 6
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 pm 

My brother this week took his iPhone 6 into an Apple Store, wanting to upgrade it to an 8.

He was most surprised (& not a little miffed!) to be told that there was a band showing screen burn out at the top of the screen, and hear that the phone had no monetary value!! This burn-out was invisible as far as he is concerned; this was the first he'd heard of such a thing.

Does anyone have any similar experience? Might it be worth him having a new screen fitted and then looking to trade in the phone?

Ideas please?

Thanks,

Lorimer

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm 

DarrenG is your man for this question as he fixes iPhones for a living.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 am 

My current 6s was a replacement from Apple. I took it into the store (I forget what the actual appointment was for), but pointed out to the Genius that as well as having whatever problem it was, there were also a few little white dots appearing in the top left of the screen. He took it out the back for a second time and spoke to the technician, and they just decided to replace it. They couldn’t identify what the actual issue was, but had a feeling that there was an issue with that part of the logic board (whatever part is placed up that end)as they looked like heat spots from something obviously working too hard and said as my year warranty was almost up that they would just replace it.

Obviously I never found out what the issue was, nor have I ever looked into it as it’s not been a problem this time round.

I suppose Apple would look to recycle the phone in some way to make it reusable, and what’s a 6 worth now? About £160? And if they think they have to replace the screen to move the phone on then it may be that it’s not cost effective to do anything with it.

What about a mobile trade in website or something?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:07 pm 

I’ve never heard of such a thing. If the issue is not visible and touch works then I call BS

@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS