[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPhone Not Giving Alerts!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:43 am 

My iPhone 6Plus running 1OS 11.1.1 has stopped giving out alert sounds when text messages, emails etc. arrive.

I've checked that Sounds are switched on etc. What could the problem be?

Because I run 2 businesses I find it vital to be alerted when messages arrive and it's not always possible to visually spot an arrival.

A lot of my calls are also going unanswered because the iPhone doesn't ring but usually people can get me if they call a second time! Odd!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am 

What have you tried?

Check the volume is not on mute. Both the switch and the buttons on the left side. They can get flipped accidentally.

Check that Notifications for Mail, Messages, etc. are set to Badges, Sounds or whatever you want.

Feedback, please.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 pm 

OK. Have you checked it is not in Do Not Disturb mode? The crescent moon thing in Control Centre.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:03 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:06 pm 

Let us know.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm 

Sometimes it is the simple things. Glad it got sorted.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 pm 

Just as info for other iPhone users...

I have had continuing problems with lack of notifications about Messages. It is very random and sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't. I have tried everything to rectify this without any fix so I have to assume that it is a sporadic problem at Apple's end. I know of a few other people having this issue so it's not just me.

And one thing about Do Not Disturb. When is is switched on you will see a crescent moon shape in the status bar at the top of the iPhone screen. It's a clear indication that DND is on.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:36 pm 

I to have been having sound problems with my 8+. Sometimes I hear a notification and then next time nothing. Also when typing no keyboard sound then it starts to slowly increase in volume as I carry on typing. Have tried Googling it but either I'm not putting the correct search phrase or its just my device.

And DND is off. Never had the need to use it.

What I have found annoying with the new Control Center* is having to keep checking if the volume is turned up. I use the volume +/- on the side a lot, and have to periodically check the CC* volume is turned up.
And it has nothing to do with my upper post as when I have the other problem the volume in CC* is on full.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:13 pm 

I didn't realise there was a volume control in DND until I read this. Mine was turned right down. No wonder I found the volume feeble!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:44 pm 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS