Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 pm 

I have an Apple Watch Series One and love it. I bought it in July 2016.

Last week it saved me from severe embarrassment. I was fuelling my car and half-way through realised I didn't have my wallet with me. I stopped fuelling (£48) and went into the garage to admit to my error. The cashier noticed I was wearing an Apple Watch and said "Why don't you pay using that sir?" And so I did – problem solved.

I'd always thought that the maximum limit for contactless payments is £30 but apparently for the Apple Watch this is up to the discretion of the retailer. I do know that the security of these payments is far greater than using any card on its own.

Thank you Apple...

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:45 pm 

Yes indeed, varied limits between retailers. Tesco are still £30 but M&S have raised the cap.

It also works without the paired iPhone. I found that out in Lakeland a year ago, after I left mine at home. They also said they didn't accept Apple Pay, just contactless, but I sure showed them: it is counted as the same thing.

Even now I occasionally get assistants saying they'd never seen it done before and gawp with awe.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS