[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 12 / WatchOS 5 / TVOS 12
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:50 pm 

iOS 12.3. Updated TV app features and AirPlay 2 being the headline things. TVOS 12.4 and WatchOS 5.2.1.

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:38 am 

iOS 12.3.1 - bug fixes.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 am 

I just got the iOS 12.3.2 update. It is only for the iPhone 8 Plus to fix a camera portrait mode depth of field bug, so most people won't even be aware it happened.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:47 pm 

They STILL haven't implemented a camera 'reverse controls' for left handed iPad users. :evil:

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:50 pm 

iOS and TVOS 12.4 are out. WatchOS 5.3 too.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm 

There is a reason you should update to 12.4 if you are on 12. iMessage vulnerabilities. No mention of how far back they go, iOS-wise.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:21 am 

For those that don't know and care, iOS/TVOS 12.4.1 is available for download. Also WatchOS 5.3.1.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:50 am 

I have always chosen the "download and install" option when updating my iOS devices. But I recently purchased a new iPad, and I now have two of them.
Can I "download only and install later", and therefore install on both devices from that single download? Or is it safer to go through the process twice, once for each device?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am 

I don't think the iOS installer is something you can get like with mac OS, so one at a time.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:32 am 

I was assuming the installer would be a downloaded package that would be downloaded to my Mac, and could be used for more than one device. But it's no big deal to go through the process twice.
Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:38 am 

Oh I see what you mean - via iTunes. I forgot that as I always do it direct to device (and backups to iCloud). Apologies. Senile moment.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:42 am 

No apologies needed.
I had a juvenile moment. I am probably the exception, in that I still use iTunes to administer my iOS devices. I even use a cable to connect them; I've grown quite fond of cables, and enjoy using them. ;) :roll:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 am 

They have their place still. Speaking of cables, I hate that you have to use one for CarPlay, which is why I rarely bother. Also, Ethernet wherever there is a port.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:20 am 

I did a little searching and it seems iOS updates are delivered through IPSW files using iTunes. I saw it said that you can use the same file for iDevices of the same model but different models, like iPad Air and iPad Pro, for example, have different IPSW files. That would suggest you need to download a file each for your old and new iPads.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:50 pm 

I've also noticed that updating direct to the iDevice uses a fraction of the data compared to doing it via iTunes for some reason. My phone wants to download 99MB to update but iTunes wants to download 3.39GB.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS