[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Apple Pay Streamlined for London
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 pm 

Applepay doesn't "use" your iCloud account, they are linked for identification purposes though. Applepay uses bank cards (credit, debit whatever) that you specifically link to it.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:55 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:36 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:47 pm 

In the old days, card numbers did change when you got a new one. At least they did for me.

Now a new card cannot be used contactless until you have used it with the PIN at least once.

You do not have to update your new card within ApplePay wallet, it’s done automatically. The only time you have to is if you completely delete your card and want to add it again. It takes a matter of moments to do this anyway so isn’t really a hassle.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:53 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:10 pm 

Are you saying that when I get a renewal debit card (with a new long number) I don't have to update this for Apple Pay?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:42 pm 

I've just had to change mine but only because my bank has changed cards from visa to MasterCard. Can't remember the last time the long number on either the debit or credit card was changed, certainly many renewals worth of years.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:04 am 

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:10 am 

As an aside to this - contactless and ApplePay on debit cards do not work endlessly. By that I mean, that every so many contactless transactions (I don't know the number) you will be forced to input your PIN to be able to pay.

This happened to me when using ApplePay yesterday. I was making my third purchase of the day using ApplePay and the transaction was declined. I got my card, inserted it into the reader, inputted the PIN and the transaction went through.

Other people have the same experience as the sales assistants have all said it happens regularly for customers. I assume the card machine cannot tell the difference between a contactless card and ApplePay so it's either to combat fraud or just to force you to remember your PIN!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:20 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:56 pm 

No one's responded to Loughor's restrained (?) question regarding Apple Card. I've been looking forward to it being available for UK users too. Does anyone have any news?

Lorimer

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:08 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:01 am 

I've not seen that email.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:41 am 

I had one before that advising PSD2 was coming and I could opt out and then that one saying it had been done. I do allow some Apple mail in preferences but that seems like everyone with Pay and Store should have been informed.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:35 pm 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS