[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 14
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: iOS 14
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am 

The article says it is 'some' iPhones with TouchID. Mine is a 12 so just face, no touch. My mush still unlocks apps, e.g. banking, but not the Watch. I'm sure it won't be long. I can manage tapping a code twice a day.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:30 am 
Site Admin

I’ve an iPhone 12 Pro and an Apple Watch 4 and I’m seeing the problem occasionally.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:41 pm 

iPhone X and original watch. Sometimes slow to unlock but was happening before ios14

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 pm 

14.7.1 is here for iPhone, allegedly to fix the Watch unlock bug and security updates.

There is also a 14.7.1 for iPad - security updates it says.

--edit-- It did unlock my Watch but it was hellish slow about it and offered me a red "lock" option that I have never seen before. I'll give it that one as a first attempt and check again when I want it unlocking for real in the morning.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:31 pm 

Unfortunately 14.7 hasn't cured my problem with Siri App Suggestions :(

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:00 am 

Checked again. It is very slow to unlock the Watch. I had to twist my wrist several times to make it work. It would be faster to tap in the six digit code.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:59 am 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

How is everyone else finding the watch unlock now?
Still temperamental for me :|

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:43 pm 

Previously I would put the Watch on, lift the iPhone so it saw my face and it would unlock. Now I have to do that, swipe up the wallpaper image and then make the Watch screen activate - sometimes thrice. It is rubbish. What is that red lock option about? That's new (to my eyes) and why would anyone want to lock the Watch while wearing it?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:35 pm 

My AP Pros work with the iPhone as before in a quick test I did just now. I popped them in (the iMac connected to them), iPhone unlocked, Music opened, tapped something and it played.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:03 am 

I installed WatchOS 7.6.1 this morning. It seems to have made a slight difference. While I now have to unlock the iPhone and swipe up to open the home screen, it does at least unlock he Watch first time (so far). That's one swipe more than it used to take. I guess Apple calls it 'security'.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:15 am 

No. Far from fixed. This morning the Watch would not unlock via the iPhone no matter what I did. Only the passcode worked.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:19 pm 

It won't be any consolation for you to know that I am having absolutely no problems with Watch unlock. I find it weird how some bugs affect people but not others.

I have found that the Watch battery life is back to normal with 7.6 after it being absolutely terrible in 7.5
My iPhone seems to have better battery life with 14.7 as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS