[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Where is "battery health" on iPad?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 pm 

Settings / Battery - both exactly the same in iOS and iPadOS, except the latter doesn't have Battery Health which the phones do. Is it (inexplicably) in a different place on iPad?

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm 

I don't think it is a thing on iPad. Maybe coconutBattery on a Mac could tell you.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:26 pm 

No such thing. Why? Only Apple know.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:31 pm 

Coconut Battery will give you Full Charge Capacity details and Design Capacity details and also Cycle Count. If you want 'Lifetime Battery Data' you have to have the 'Plus' feature which costs £9.95.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:04 pm 

That's weird you have to pay for a 3rd-party app when it's free on iOS. But as you say, Apple are a law unto themselves.

(The secondhand iPhone XS I just bought is only 81% at full charge so I wanted to see how my 2019 iPad Air is doing, but I'd guess it's probably a lot healthier as I have only charged it twice a week in its 18 months, and it's on average 25% when I recharge - I believe that amounts to 1.5 full charges per week?)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:14 am 

The free version of coconutBattery is good enough for me.
It provides much info, and is regularly updated.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:34 pm 

I'll try it!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:04 am 

I can’t find Coconut Battery for iPad/iPhone on the App Store. I thought it only was available for Macs? Which I have on my MBP.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:28 pm 

It is only a Mac App

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:36 pm 

As stated, coconutBattery is a Mac computer desktop application.
It will, however, give information about the battery that is in a connected iOS device.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:10 pm 

Hmmmm, I understand now. I thought it was a Mac only app.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:38 pm 

You're wrong, sorry. I downloaded it for my iPad and got a mysterious figure that made no sense; however when I touched it, it opened up a linear graph which showed me the battery health was halfway along the blue (highest!) segment, from which I infer it's in good enough health. So Coconut *IS* available for the iPad, and mine wasn't connected to my Mac which doesn't have Coconut, it being a desktop.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:04 am 

I respectfully disagree with the above. coconutBattery is Mac only. You can search for it on iPadOS and iOS and it will come up as a result in the text list, but there is no app of that name. Plenty of other utilities claiming to monitor or assess the battery. I am happy to be proved wrong as I like it on Mac. Maybe post a screenshot of the menu icon so I can see what to look for.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:55 am 

There is no mention of an iOS app on Coconut's website. When I have searched for it on the App Store, there is no result returned. Plenty of others are shown, but not Coconut.

Maybe MacBiter can upload a screenshot of the iOS app and it's icon so we can see it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 pm 

Apologies. I did a search for "Coconut" on the iOS App Store and because it autofilled "Coconut Battery", and because the app was top of the list, I naively thought it was the Coconut Battery test - it's not! What I've got is an app called Battery Testing which does work fine on the iPad.

However, if Coconut doesn't have an app on the iOS App Store, I'm a bit puzzled why my Search for it autofilled to the desired result?

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS