[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iPad App Store crashing - Fixed
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:42 pm 

This afternoon, I am having problems on my iPad (Pro 4th Gen 12.9", iPadOS 15.4.1).

When I tap the App Store icon, it opens as a white screen but then quickly crashes. If I am quick enough, I can tap on the bottom Games, Apps, Arcade or Search and can get into that screen. If I then tap Today it crashes. It isn't available if I swipe up, so it is crashing completely.

If I open another app - AppAdvice - I can scroll through today's free apps. If I pick one and tap Get it in the App Store, it opens App Store and shows me that app on the Today screen, but if i tap Back to go to the main Today screen, it crashes.

I did look for updates while I was in another screen by tapping my picture and did get some app updates, which I take as Apple servers being there.

It is just that Today screen that will no longer display causing crashing. Which is odd to my mind.

I have powered it off/on a few times, as that fixes many ills, but not this time. I have searched on the problem and have tried some of the "fixes" all to no avail. Most of the results are several years old relating to iOS 11 and similar.

My iPhone App Store is fine, so it may not be Apple server problems (I have checked all their server status and they are green).

It may be that it will fix itself without me doing anything but if anyone has a suggestion, I'd be happy to read it. Except reset and restore because that is not something I want to do at this stage.

Last edited by loughor on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:10 pm 

Have you force quit the app?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:35 pm 

As in swipe it up from the switch screen? I had indeed, thanks.

Having typed that reply, I just tried again while you reminded me I should look and it opened.

Time is the great healer on iPads and in life's other setbacks.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:19 pm 

Yeah it was that I meant. Things are so glitchy nowadays.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:17 am 

I wasn't the only one. I just did a quick DDG search just now using "ipad app store crashing" and there are several results on the Apple discussions thing of people having the same woes. They were not there yesterday, or I missed them. Mine is still OK today. I hypothesise that Apple had a duff bit of code on a Today promotion in the Store. I'm probably wrong but good enough for me to think that.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

There were several Apple services having trouble yesterday...

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:54 pm 

:tu: I did check that, as I said, but I'm sure they don't always publicise these things so people would not necessarily know. I have experience of apps crashing but not core Apple ones.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS