[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 16
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: iOS 16
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:39 pm 

Well as I mentioned, I had read 16 would be out today. I'm only offered 15.7 but my daughter, after I tipped her off, was offered iOS 16 (but 15.7 on iPad). So 16 must be possible.

I guess I'll have to wait for the servers to let me in.

Post subject: Re: iOS 16
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:03 pm 

OK - well after doing 15.7, I checked for a Watch update. It said I must update the iPhone first and then offered me 16, so it is there. It is downloading now. I think it safe to assume v9 is out.

--edit-- Yes, WatchOS 9.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:15 pm 

.. and hey presto - after HomePod 15.6 only recently mentioned elsewhere comes v16.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:11 am 

I was offered the 15.7 update when I tapped on Software Update on iPhone. Underneath that was an option to move to iOS16.

Apple probably reacting to people complaining about being updated to a different version of the OS 'without realising'.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:54 am 

There are some iPhone cosmetic changes I don't like but I'll not notice after a while. For example, the lock screen font size is fixed and there is an unwanted "search" near the bottom of the main screen. Small beer really.

On the Watch, Apple has redesigned some of my complications in 9. They now show too much detail and some have even turned orange - yuck! No new faces of any worth. Most if the faces I do not like at the best of times.

I like to grumble but know I'll adapt.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:04 am 

"I like to grumble..."
We know :P - but I feel that you do it for us all :!: ;)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:56 am 

:lol: It is the only reason I rejoined Twitter (GrumbleDirect™).

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:09 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:11 pm 

There are so many settings/preferences. And additional ones with each major OS release. So many things can be modified; so many cannot.
I have some vacation coming up soon; I'll take the time to go through them.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:15 am 

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm 

I had a trawl through the settings and made a few changes where I felt it was appropriate.

I just now read about setting personalised spatial audio with AirPods. I did mine. It involves more face and ear scanning. I had to get a mirror so I could see the camera was actually pointing at the lugholes. I'm not sure what difference it made over how it worked before. I do find spatial audio weird having been used to stereo for so long.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:12 pm 

It is only a little change but one that bugs me... when the iPhone is charging, I used to just tap the screen to start the lock screen which would display the battery % level briefly. Now it does not. To see how much charge is in it I now have to have battery % on the battery icon or look in settings/battery, which is not really practical when using a Qi charger. The %age display up top right is hard to read at the best of times. I have not seen a widget that shows 'phone battery level.

Someone please tell me I need to do xyz to sort this. I have to be missing something.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:42 pm 

I certainly seem to be missing something.
My battery icon doesn't show the percentage charge. Not that, probably, I would ever be able to read such a small piece of information. But, hey...if it's available!

But I cannot find a setting - even in Battery - that would toggle that feature.
Please advise.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:05 pm 

On my iPhone - Settings > Battery > then flip Battery Percentage switch.

That will turn the battery icon (top left) to just show percentage. I prefer the drain level icon as the text is to small to read easily.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:25 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS