[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS 16
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: iOS 16
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 am 

This morning I was offered (and installed) 16.2 for HomePod. As part of that I was told that Home needed updating on the iPhone. Wizard followed and done but it informed me that my Mac mini needed a software update to control Home. iPad reported it was OK with Home after 'Pods were updated.

Remote log in to mini which can only go to Monterey, started Home and was given:

Which means if you use Home, you can't use old kit. Now we know.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:12 pm 

I wouldn't sell booze to this guy
but it has nothing to do with his age. :P

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:36 pm 

:lol:

Cheek!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:41 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:43 pm 

Ever been baffled and bewildered over the enormous number of iPhone settings that exist these days - and growing with each release of iOS? It has, for me, gotten very difficult to know where a given setting is located. Is a given setting under Display, Focus, Accessibility…?

I have just discovered a ”hidden” search bar that can be used to find a given setting, or settings for a given app. Using the Settings search bar bypasses the need to know exactly where everything is.

Open Settings, and swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the hidden search bar.
You can type in the name of an app. If you want to search for a particular iPhone setting, but are unsure where it's located, type in the name of the setting. You will see the location where that feature can be edited.

Of course, you might very well not know the name of the setting :roll: – but it's a good place to start.
Good luck. 8-)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:36 pm 

The Settings search bar has been there for years Gail. But it's good that you have now found it!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:44 pm 

I feel so small.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:07 pm 

I feel even smaller

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:29 am 

I wouldn't worry about it. Apple's mission in life is to hide useful features. I have no doubt that there are still things in iOS which I don't know about.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:27 am 

iOS/iPadOS updated to 16.3. WatchOS now 9.3.

Introduces Advanced Data Protection and Security Keys for Apple ID and bug fixes.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:07 am 

iPOS/iPadOS 16.3.1
16.3.2 for HomePod
WatchOS 9.3.1

Enjoy.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:12 pm 

I've found the Siri 'beep' that sounds when you do "Hey Siri" has changed in iPadOS 16 - I don't mind changes but this one is barely audible, being a deep quiet sound.

I've checked in the following:
- Sounds
- Notifications
- Siri & Search
but there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can change it ... unless one of you knows different?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:24 am 

"I don't mind changes"
Oh, please.

One can say "Hey Siri" and continue with the request after a moment's pause. One does not have to wait for her acknowledgment. She's listening immediately after hearing "Hey Siri".

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:58 am 

I would think that the Siri notification sound is tied into whatever volume is set at for notifications.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:40 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS