[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Where are folders in iCloud?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:21 pm 

This is driving me berserk. Sometime ago I created a folder, somewhere, so that I could save bus timetable pdfs from Chrome rather than have about 10 different tabs open unnecessarily. Somehow, Notes got involved too along the way (I think I could only save a pdf to Notes not directly to iCloud).

Today I had another 2 pdfs to save to the folder. However, though I could save them to Notes, I couldn't choose the folder. When i went into Notes and searched for "buses" all my saved pdfs were listed, and under each one it said the folder name, and that it was an iCloud folder, but I couldn't click that location to be taken there.

"No sweat", I thought "I'll go to iCloud and see it there". So I opened Files but it wasn't listed in iCloud Drive. So I logged into iCloud in Chrome, looked in Notes, but it wasn't there either.

So, although I can browse through my Notes via search, where is the folder???

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:51 pm 

Anyone?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:23 pm 

Could it be that you have created the folder in Notes on a specific device and not within iCloud?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:48 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quick reply without really reading the rest again - Wouldn't you find this from within the Notes app, not iCloud?

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:31 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:50 am 
Site Admin

And why do you need to get to it from anywhere other than the Notes app, I don’t think this is possible.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:34 am 

I have 144 individual notes listed as being in iCloud and there isn't a Notes folder listed in Files. As far as I understand, notes are supposed to be invisible within iCloud and only accessible from within the Notes app.

You say that "Notes is aware that there is a folder because it's listed as such beneath the relevant Notes, but there seems no way to get to it". That says to me that the PDFs aren't actually in the folder. If they were you would have to tap on the folder to see the PDFs.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:07 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Tap the three dots top right in Notes, I get the option to view attachments.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:36 am 

You can see folder lists in Notes. Here are screenshots from iPad and iPhone.

Apple has designed iCloud to be invisible from outside the app you are using (the old 'just works' mantra) so if you add something in Notes on iPhone, it will sync to iPad and then you view it there as well. But after people complained, they created the Files app for iPad and iPhone. You cannot actually see any Notes - folders or actual notes in Files/iCloud - only from within the Notes app.

If you want to see the PDFs in Files/iCloud then create a folder in Files on your iPad/iPhone or a folder in iCloud on Mac and save them into it.

If you want them in Notes then save them into a folder within the Notes app.

Edit to add screenshot from Mac.

Notes is not visible at all on Mac.

Just for info: all plain folders have been created by me, the ones with an icon in them have been created by each app when I've said I wanted to use iCloud.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:32 am 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:36 pm 

I don't use Notes, but isn't the Files.app a good place to keep your timetables?
I use the wonderful Documents.app (by Readdle) for this kind of thing - as well as other purposes. All of Readdles's apps are "best-in-class" in my opinion - and not just mine.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:50 pm 

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS