[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What's this…
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: What's this…
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:22 pm 

…supposed to be telling me?

It looks like a symbol for "sunset", with the possibility to give me two more bits of info.
(It is the top section of my lock-screen.)

Post subject: Re: What's this…
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:24 pm 

Nothing to go on here, but nght you have something like nightshade? Or some timer, or weather App?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:11 pm 

Of those three, I do have a third-party weather app.
None of its settings would seem to result in displaying that thingie.

No timer/alarm is set up.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:32 pm 

I do have an amazing app: Moon.
It shows every conceivable fact regarding the moon and sun and astronomy. And it has a zillion "notifications" - which are all turned off.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:40 pm 

Ah - it's the Weather.app (Apple's) - which I have never used. But pressing on it launches that app.
However, all notifications are off.
And that symbol indicates "sunset" in this app. So that is the source of that symbol, but I don't know exactly what I'm being told.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:21 pm 

Thanks, Sunset makes sense.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:39 pm 

And now - with sunset nearing - the time (of the sunset) is shown alongside the symbol :!:

The good news: I figured it out 8-)
The bad news: it's certainly been there forever - and I've never noticed it :roll:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:52 pm 

When setting up a wallpaper, you can choose to show “weather conditions” next to the date which is what appears to have been done.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:28 pm 

Well, I will investigate further.
However,“weather conditions” is not showing - and never has, I believe. I would have noticed a string of text and symbols as you demonstrate. Knowing what I want from a weather app, I would not have assigned such a limited prediction on my home screen. I'm not interested in the next few minutes.I can look out the window :!: :roll:

Now that the sun has set, the symbol (the only symbol) is now that of sunrise. And the time for that event is given.

Thanks.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:50 pm 

Here's that icon... is it Night Shift?

https://osxdaily.com/2014/03/27/get-sun ... phone-ios/

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:16 pm 

Have you set a customised Lock Screen? The "Astronomy" preset Lock Screen gives that layout at the top of the screen.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:03 am 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:29 am 

@ BDAqua
Sorry - but I don’t understand your post as it relates to my question.

@Paw+Jonah
First off, I just 3 days ago changed my lock/home screen. And - yes - I now use one of the astronomy screens. (At least, I haven’t been not seeing it for years - just a few days.)
I have not customized it.
From what I understand from Paw is that an astronomy screen comes with a ”mini-widget” - which resides alongside the date. What I also get - from him and my own investigations - is that the astronomy screen displays a mini-widget - like it or not. One can change it; one cannot delete it.
And sunrise/sunset seems to be the default one. As I say, I have not customized the screen - at least not to my knowledge.

Do I now understand this?

I don’t have a problem with this mini-widget. If my lock screen wants to show me a mini-widget, who am I to refuse it this small pleasure?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:14 am 

If you are using preset lock screen, then yes, you do understand correctly, everything is set for you.

If you would prefer to use your own photo, then choose one in the Photos app, tap the share icon (the up arrow in a box located in the bottom left hand corner), then choose "Use as wallpaper". From there you can resize and reposition the photo using two fingers and convert to black and white or a colour wash by swiping, tap on the date and then choose a widget of your choice, you can change the font and colour of the time and also add widgets underneath the time.

But you probably already know this so its just a reminder.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:05 am 

:tu:

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS